Notices

I don't know what I like to do anymore.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep!!!
I had NO CLUE who I was at 7 months. I am still learning....it's a journey.
Congrats on 7 months.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Thank you for all the responses. Before drinking I was a good writer. When I try to write now I just don't know where to start. I also used to be creative and spent a lot of time working on visual arts - painting and sculpture projects - but that was the beginning for me...I always had a glass of wine in one hand and a paintbrush in the other so I am nervous to try that without my "muse" just yet.

!
I love to write as well. It took me months to feel that creative urge again after I quit drinking. I published my latest blog on my 6mo anniversary. Now I have increasingly sharp and well-written, some say beautiful, things to say.

I'd also echo that a program - mine is AA- is a GREAT replacement for drinking. You've done a great job at 7 mo! Are you working a program?

Also, my plate is so full in sobriety - I started running again, something I used to love, and my boyfriend (also in recovery) do a 5K a month; we are doing it all year long. I also started volunteering with a charity close to my heart- delivering meals to critically and terninally ill people- with him, as well.....and I am also OK being alone and need that "recharge" time.

Keep going- I believe we find our lives as we go along and everyone is different.....and everyone finds better stuff on this side!!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I too am about 7 months in and kinda feel the same way. Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed the responses.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
under new management

I love to write, too, but I lost my writing mojo years past, due to drinking. It just killed my heart, my soul, wherever my writing came from.

The good news is that I am 2 yrs and 4 1/2 mths sober (but who's counting, right ) and my writing mojo has returned!!! It took some time, but bit by bit, a word here, a sentence there and next thing I knew, I had a whole page written!

If you are a writer, it will return. And you will write better than ever!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Me too, I´m sober a long time, but I must confess that my only hobby is my computer games and food, I´m so sad lately.