Notices

Headaches

Old 05-02-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headaches

Hi All,

I'm 67 days sober and for the last few days I've been experiencing the dull headache that I had during my withdrawal stage. Has anyone else dealt with this? Is it normal?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old 05-02-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Creat,

No medical advice allowed. Most folks will say see a dr. I hate dr.s

I go when I have to. I am due for a colonoscopy. Yay....

In my experience...

I had hangover like symptoms for months. Red eyes, headache, weakness. Hydrate, eat healthy.

I still feel weird sometimes. Anxious, sick to my stomach, angry...but I believe this is normal

I forgot what normal felt like.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post

I am due for a colonoscopy. Yay....
Lucky you D1...NOT! I'm up to date on the ol' colonoscopy thank you.

OK, well I figured that it was pretty normal...just didn't recall anyone here writing about having headaches at this stage.

Thanks for your feedback D1...and good luck on the big "C"!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi CT, we have the same quit date. I get headaches too, they can be vicious, right in my temples and behind my eyes. Nothing gets rid of them, not aspirin, or hydration, or sleep. They seem to come and go, I've been ok this week but I suffered with them a few days last week. I'm taking it as a sign my body is healing, after all the years that I abused myself I figure I got off lucky with only headaches affecting my health.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm still early in sobriety, have had headaches on and off the whole times. Sometimes I think it is related to the change n weather. When a storm comes the barametric pressure changes and possibly creates a headache......never know.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today I am 191 days sober.

For the most part I feel good most of the time - but for a few days earlier this week I felt similar to the way I felt in early recovery.

This sobriety and recovery thing isn't an exact science. I just do the best I can and more forward and try not to dwell on the negative thoughts or feelings.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

for me, headaches come with stress. if i can limit my stress (or relieve it with vigorous exercise) then my headaches tend to be less painful.

hope you get some answers and feel better real soon!!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Hi CT, we have the same quit date. I get headaches too, they can be vicious, right in my temples and behind my eyes. Nothing gets rid of them, not aspirin, or hydration, or sleep. They seem to come and go, I've been ok this week but I suffered with them a few days last week. I'm taking it as a sign my body is healing, after all the years that I abused myself I figure I got off lucky with only headaches affecting my health.
Hey Zen...thanks for the feedback. I woke up again this morning with one of these damb headaches. Mine is dull and like you said, nothing seems to touch it. I've had it for the last 3 days.

Good to know that we have the same quit date and we're experiencing the same thing. I too will take it as a sign of my body healing.

I haven't worked out in a few days. I thought it might make it worse. Today I'm going to see if a good power-walk will cure it.

Thanks again and congrats on 68 days sober! We can do this Zen!
Old 05-03-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
I'm still early in sobriety, have had headaches on and off the whole times. Sometimes I think it is related to the change n weather. When a storm comes the barametric pressure changes and possibly creates a headache......never know.
You make a good point SF! It's been unusually cool here lately. That may have something to do with it.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doug39 View Post
Today I am 191 days sober.

For the most part I feel good most of the time - but for a few days earlier this week I felt similar to the way I felt in early recovery.

This sobriety and recovery thing isn't an exact science. I just do the best I can and more forward and try not to dwell on the negative thoughts or feelings.
Makes sense Doug...aside from this headache, I've been feeling pretty good. Sleep is improving as well....just love not waking up every 2 hrs and feeling refreshed when I get up.

Congrats on 191 days. That's awesome!

Old 05-03-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CoffeeInstead View Post
for me, headaches come with stress. if i can limit my stress (or relieve it with vigorous exercise) then my headaches tend to be less painful.

hope you get some answers and feel better real soon!!
Thanks Coffee- I haven't worked out in a few days because I was afraid it would make my headache worse. Going to get back at it today to see if it helps.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am almost 2 years sober and I have a dull headache almost every day of my life. I am going to bring it up to my PCP next week. For me, I think it is stress and tension. Living sober has not been easy. Worth it, but not easy.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Allergies, tension, caffeine and dehydration are common culprits.
I have this essential oil spray called Chill Pill, it is good for a tension headache.