Notices

This is going to get bad quik

Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah we are all learning and have to make progress, that's what life is about. I just have to break free from this, that's all I know..
Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
You can be free. Keep reading and learning. Hitting a meeting has been suggested many times too, consider that as well. Being around others who are in the same situation can really help.
Scott dont word it that way, I know a lot about this illness the problem is that I'm addicted to alcohol, I could know everything about it , and still be here..
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

..sorry guys right now I'm a little insensitive, please understand..
Old 04-25-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Scott dont word it that way, I know a lot about this illness the problem is that I'm addicted to alcohol, I could know everything about it , and still be here..
Not exactly sure what you mean Mtphc. None of us know "everything" about addiction, we are all here to help each other.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Here's a thought that shocked me in early recovery: "you don't have to drink today."
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yes I need to go back to meetings, and just talk about it. I hate to be redundant but I can't help it..
youve been to meetings-awesome!
however
did you do anything more than just talk about it?

persoanlly just talking about the problem i had with alcohol kept me drunk. i had to have more action to get and stay sober.

knowledge about addiction and acoholism is great, but didnt help me get sober.
knowledge of the solutions and putting those sulutions into action helped tremendously.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

It's a horrible illness. Really is. Binge drinking is the hardest to deal with. Keep strong alcohol is a nightmare. Positive vibes sent to you x😘
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Thanks Phoenix, yeah I know. The bad part is that it's an addiction, and I hate saying it but it's true, yes I need to go back to meetings, and just talk about it. I hate to be redundant but I can't help it..
You are sounding more and more like me my friend. Going to meetings and just talking about it didn't work for me, and it doesnt seem to have worked for you. One reason for me was that I couldn't talk. Never said a thing for the first six weeks.

Instead of going to AA, why not "join" AA. Join in the action on the steps that are the program of recovery. Grab a sponsor, someone who has recpvered through the steps in the big book, and get to work.

So many people seem to think you have to recover before you can do the steps. That might work if your brain is functioning reasonable well, but for the likes of me it was a ridiculous idea, like telling a baby to get a job.

I just worked one step at a time with my sponsor, and pretty rapidly the clouds began to clear. When we straighten out spiritually, we begin to straighten out physically and mentally as well.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

thanks for all your support so far, I noticed at first that talking about it did work for a while, but then just kind of became ineffective, it does help to an extent, but my relapses are becoming more frequent, and i just have to take action, go to as many meetings that I can, and work the steps
Old 04-27-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I poured out the last morning vodka bottle I had left from the night before after taking a slug of course, it was hard to do it really was.

Pour it out, don't go to the store for more and feel like crap till it passes, it will pass. It always has before, no way to avoid the crappy part so get it over with.

I can sort of get away with a night of drinking but if in the morning any remains where is it I want it and it gets yucky.

Pouring it out right before passing out could also help avoid a longer binge.

I know not drinking at all is obviously best but there is nothing wrong with taking steps to reducing harm if drinking happens. I know NEVER buy a 750Ml or larger. Try and stay off the phone.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey better now as far as your "stay off the phone " comment, I think i know what your implication is, but please elaborate..

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

..and by the way,posting here has already prevented a horrid relapse, I wan to say a big thank you to all the great people here, your support is really helping me..
Old 04-30-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Got to watch out for "yes but" and "I know", the two most common word combinations for the serial relapser.

My last binge (4 days) finished sometime on a saturday night. Sunday night I was at a meeting. Never drank again. I was willing to do ANYTHING to stop the misery. No yes buts, no preconcieved ideas.
Nonsense.
I know what will happen if I drink and I'm tired of 12-step philosophy trying to hijack my sobriety as its own.

Why do we have to put people down rather than empowering them?