Notices

New here

Old 04-25-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
totfit

I was except for very early in my drinking and somewhat even then a binge drinker. Binge drinking however was never my issue. My issue was that I took a drink in the first place. If I take a drink, the binge is a given.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah I know this is serious, yes of course sometimes I go longer being sober like a month maybe two, but I always go back, and I hate that. I hate the fact that I can't just stop before things get to the point of excess, that really annoys me and that's why im here, my goal is to stop completely
Old 04-25-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Mtphc! We're so glad you found us & decided to post.

Be proud of yourself for taking a hard look at what alcohol does to your life. I never did - just kept going with it, trying to control the amounts I drank. The result was a ruined life & drinking all day. I never dreamed I'd reach that point - it was only meant to be fun & relaxing. Good to have you here - I think it will help you to talk things over with those who understand.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, right now I feel horrible, I'm really close to calling in sick, I just can't handle the after effects of drinking any more. The good thing here is that I do drink less versus the past, but the bad thing is that I still drink. I have to stop this..
Old 04-25-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I know - it just wasn't doing a thing for me in the end. Yet I still tried to find that feeling I once got from it. There's nothing in it for us anymore. I wish I'd been able to admit that long ago.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

God my biggest mistake was going from beer to vodka due to health issues. Vodka has less of an affect on my glucose I noticed versus beer( I'm diabetic), but before alcohol became serious problem I always had an issue with stopping once I started drinking, so obviously vodka was a bad idea, because now I had a whole bottle and was so easy to keep going
Old 04-25-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I know - it just wasn't doing a thing for me in the end. Yet I still tried to find that feeling I once got from it. There's nothing in it for us anymore. I wish I'd been able to admit that long ago.
Your right there isn't much there, at least not the way it used to be, that euphoria that would come along with it, now it's more of a numbing feeling. It's crazy how high my tolerance is now, I just keep going and it's like nothing is happening..just have to stop doing this, I have keep saying this, and of course act on it..
Old 04-25-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
So what are you going to change you say you accept your alcoholism but to drink again after 2 weeks disproves that massively

No offence but if you were accepting your addiction alcoholism you wouldn't drink after 2 weeks

I'm glad your here my advice my friend would be get a recovery plan going do what is necessary and no matter what do not drink doesn't matter if the sky falls down nothing & i mean nothing can make me drink but myself if i truly accept that which i do i will never drink again

What's the point in walking round in circles that's all I used to do & i couldn't do it either yet here i am near 4 years later 34 & my life is better than it ever was

I'm not saying that to gloat it can be like this for you too

In this together no matter do not drink work on your acceptance & recovery
I know what you're saying, it's just that as -of -late this disease has gotten worse, when I do stop it seems like I can't go beyond 2/3 weeks. As far as work goes I'm great worker, that's why they tolerate me so much, but that only goes so far, and this is my biggest fear to lose my job, due to my alcoholism
Old 04-25-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
That's good- acceptance is the essential first step. Control, moderation and "thinking you'll be OK" have to be removed from your vocabulary though - none of them are possible.

So what's the next step? Maybe meetings. Maybe seeing a counselor. Maybe spending a lot more time here on SR and joining a monthly group thread. But whatever you choose you need to take action. Have you ever participated in a recovery community ( either online or in person ) before?
Exactly, I have to stop saying deceiving words to myself, its never going to be ok when it comes to alcohol..
Old 04-25-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mtphc - welcome

posting and reading here daily, and more than daily, really helped me decide that I had a real problem I had to address with persistent and concerted action.

I know you'll find that same level of help and support I did

D
Old 04-27-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have never used a chat room so I don't know how this works, I have been having cravings this last week do to an emotional week
Old 04-27-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaxson View Post
I have never used a chat room so I don't know how this works, I have been having cravings this last week do to an emotional week
Hi Jaxson. Welcome on board.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi mtphc - welcome

posting and reading here daily, and more than daily, really helped me decide that I had a real problem I had to address with persistent and concerted action.

I know you'll find that same level of help and support I did

D
Thanks Dee, I am getting alot better at this at the same time, considering how bad things were versus the past.

For three years I was drinking way too much, pretty much a fifth of vodka every single day. Just couldn't believe how much I was consuming, but the addiction was too strong.

Every morning I would feel anxious and depressed. My remedy? carry on of course, it was a vicious cycle due to the withdrawal symptoms.

With this mindset I ended up in the ER one day, this was like 10 months ago. Finally I made a change, Yes it has been a rough road since then try my best to stay sober, and honestly as ironic as it may sound considering the relapses I've had since then, I do feel like this has been an improvement, I am drinking way less and I take pride in that, but I'm not done yet.

Recently I went on a binge again as I had aforementioned on previous posts, hasn't been that bad I consider this to be a light one compared to others. I have tapered off in the past, and I know I could do it again.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

..and sweating during work due to withdrawal sucks really bad , that's all I have to say about that..
Old 04-27-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll get over the sweating soon mtphc. Took a few weeks for me...

D