SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Unfreakinbelievable. Need to stay strong. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/408507-unfreakinbelievable-need-stay-strong.html)

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 11:33 AM

Unfreakinbelievable. Need to stay strong.

So I do background acting as sort of a hobby. I got a rush call for a big budget tv show (sorry non disclosure cant say what) as a patron. Easy enough except when I got here its in a bar. And I have to have a beer near me and act like Im drinking it. They said its nonalcoholic Im just very uncomfortable and its the first thing like this that has happened in my 24 days of sobriety. The smell was giving me flashbacks. Gotta stay professional. Break time now. Send me strength guys.

SparkleKitty 04-24-2017 11:35 AM

Is it in a colored bottle or clear? Can you rinse it out and replace with with just water?

SoberLeigh 04-24-2017 11:37 AM

Stay strong, SteveAlex.

I agree with SparkleKitty's suggestion!!!!!

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty (Post 6427430)
Is it in a colored bottle or clear? Can you rinse it out and replace with with just water?

Clear glass. Gotta do what they say its a huge company.

biminiblue 04-24-2017 11:43 AM

You've got this!!

theVman31 04-24-2017 11:46 AM

Here some strength..... !

Aellyce 04-24-2017 11:46 AM

Is there anything you tend to do to curb alcohol cravings? When I was freshly sober, I had many very uncomfortable, monster cravings and the best thing to prevent them or make them go away was eating a good, nutritious meal. So if I were in that situation, I would make sure I ate well before the act.

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Aellyce (Post 6427444)
Is there anything you tend to do to curb alcohol cravings? When I was freshly sober, I had many very uncomfortable, monster cravings and the best thing to prevent them or make them go away was eating a good, nutritious meal. So if I were in that situation, I would make sure I ate well before the act.

Unfortunately it was a 5;30 am calltime so all i had was a banana had rto get up at 4 am shower and rush out. Break time so drinking coffee and got some peanuts. Feeling ok now. Thanks everyone!

dwtbd 04-24-2017 11:58 AM

The best way to send strength is to point out that the only strength you need you already have in you .
Start with what you know, you are playing a seated patron, therefore in the last 24 days nothing happened to cause your butt to fell off. Don't let your AV make a scene out of play acting turn into some excuse to rationalize drinking.
When you make it through this thing(sending the strength thing), try and find some info about Shifting exercises from Rational Recovery, sooner rather than later because the experience of 'teasing' the Beast ( and winning btw) will fresh in your mind. IT will rear up and throw tantrums, but you are in control and call the shots, as it were.

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dwtbd (Post 6427463)
The best way to send strength is to point out that the only strength you need you already have in you .
Start with what you know, you are playing a seated patron, therefore in the last 24 days nothing happened to cause your butt to fell off. Don't let your AV make a scene out of play acting turn into some excuse to rationalize drinking.
When you make it through this thing(sending the strength thing), try and find some info about Shifting exercises from Rational Recovery, sooner rather than later because the experience of 'teasing' the Beast ( and winning btw) will fresh in your mind. IT will rear up and throw tantrums, but you are in control and call the shots, as it were.

Thanks Im familiar with AVRT. Used it when I smelled it. The beast awoke and I was teasing it. I wish there was a meeting here lol

2ndhandrose 04-24-2017 12:43 PM

sending support!!

Keep posting :grouphug:

ScottFromWI 04-24-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SteveAlex (Post 6427472)
I wish there was a meeting here lol

We are all there with you...you can do this.

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 12:51 PM

Lunch time. Got a diet pepsi. Feeling a lot better.

Aellyce 04-24-2017 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SteveAlex (Post 6427472)
Thanks Im familiar with AVRT. Used it when I smelled it. The beast awoke and I was teasing it. I wish there was a meeting here lol

Nice :) So if you do meetings, maybe go to one when you can and share about the experience. That's what I would do I think. Personally I'm a SMART fan and loved to share in meetings my accomplishments in relapse prevention, which is one of the basic elements of their program. I guess one can do a version of that in AA as well. It can be very rewarding, help others, and give strength for the next challenge.

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aellyce (Post 6427549)
Nice :) So if you do meetings, maybe go to one when you can and share about the experience. That's what I would do I think. Personally I'm a SMART fan and loved to share in meetings my accomplishments in relapse prevention, which is one of the basic elements of their program. I guess one can do a version of that in AA as well. It can be very rewarding, help others, and give strength for the next challenge.

Definitely going to share this experience

CreativeThinker 04-24-2017 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by SteveAlex (Post 6427428)
So I do background acting as sort of a hobby. I got a rush call for a big budget tv show (sorry non disclosure cant say what) as a patron. Easy enough except when I got here its in a bar. And I have to have a beer near me and act like Im drinking it. They said its nonalcoholic Im just very uncomfortable and its the first thing like this that has happened in my 24 days of sobriety. The smell was giving me flashbacks. Gotta stay professional. Break time now. Send me strength guys.

:a102: O-M-G! You can't write this stuff!

Hmmm...background acting, really interesting... :c024:

I haven't read all the posts yet but I'm sure you did wonderful Steve!

SteveAlex 04-24-2017 03:58 PM

10 hr day. Waiting for wife to pick me up theb nap. Made it through. No more cravings. Thanks for the support everyone. Whew.

SoberLeigh 04-24-2017 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by SteveAlex (Post 6427752)
10 hr day. Waiting for wife to pick me up theb nap. Made it through. No more cravings. Thanks for the support everyone. Whew.

Well done, SteveAlex.

steve76453 04-24-2017 05:32 PM

Awesome job Steve. You danced with the devil today even if it was non-alcoholic and came out on top!

MrMcTell 04-24-2017 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SteveAlex (Post 6427752)

Top work. Well done. :c011:

I have to admit, I had to laugh when I read the opening post. Life is just ridiculous sometimes.

I guess it's funny now you made it through.

I remember a friend of mine worked a background artist on UK soap opera Eastenders in the famous pub The Queen Vic. She (normal drinker) was very upset that the "beer" was actually cold tea in a pint glass...

Other than that, my uncle was an extra in Johnny Thunderpants, described by Wikipedia as "a 2002 British-German family film about a boy whose incredible capacity for flatulence gets him a job as an astronaut." My uncle paid good money to see this film in the cinema, only to find that the scene he was in had been cut out of the final version. :lmao