SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   worst hangover i have ever had (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/408477-worst-hangover-i-have-ever-had.html)

ozm8ey 04-24-2017 02:09 AM

worst hangover i have ever had

I don't know how many beers i had last night but i feel like crap. Im getting hot flashes, rapid heart rate on/off feel like throwing up and just feel really crap. i need to try and quit again. Someone challenge me to quit might make it easier for me

VigilanceNow 04-24-2017 02:18 AM

That sounds more like withdrawal than a simple hangover. if you are a chronic binge drinker, you may need to withdraw slowly.

Stopping completely is your only option unless you want more of the same -- waking up sick, exhausted, and in a fog.

Make a plan that is achievable for you and involves people who know what alcoholism is like and can support you as you learn to navigate your new sober world. You can do it :)

Dee74 04-24-2017 03:03 AM

Hi OzM8tey - sure, I'll challenge you to quit.
You'll need more than that tho, yeah?

Changing your life means change.
What changes do you think you can make right now, tonight and tomorrow?

D

Mountainmanbob 04-24-2017 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by ozm8ey (Post 6426665)

Im getting hot flashes, rapid heart rate on/off feel like throwing up and just feel really crap. i need to try and quit again. Someone challenge me to quit might make it easier for me

Sounds like your mind, body and soul may be challenging you?
M-Bob

Gottalife 04-24-2017 03:14 AM

Sounds like a normal Monday morning to me. What's the problem? No doubt you dragged yourself to work. It is incredible how alcoholics can do that, talk about will power. Are you a smoker. I used to think it was the last two smokes that made me sick. Have you tried changing brands. Some beers and wines give worse hang overs, so I'm told. What about stopping two or three drinks sooner?

This is some of the thinking I did when drinking. None of it made any difference. As long as I drank, I got sick. Solution, stop drinking. Bet you never thought of that eh? But how? That is the question.

FBL 04-24-2017 03:24 AM

When you're ready to surrender, we'll be here to help.

ThatWasTheOldMe 04-24-2017 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gottalife (Post 6426699)
Sounds like a normal Monday morning to me. What's the problem? No doubt you dragged yourself to work. It is incredible how alcoholics can do that, talk about will power. Are you a smoker. I used to think it was the last two smokes that made me sick. Have you tried changing brands. Some beers and wines give worse hang overs, so I'm told. What about stopping two or three drinks sooner?

This is some of the thinking I did when drinking. None of it made any difference. As long as I drank, I got sick. Solution, stop drinking. Bet you never thought of that eh? But how? That is the question.

It's unnecessary to be condescending.

ScottFromWI 04-24-2017 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ozm8ey (Post 6426665)
Someone challenge me to quit might make it easier for me

How's this for a challenge? Below is a list of just SOME of the threads you've started here on SR since you joined in January of 2016. See if you notice a pattern. Another pattern I noticed is that in just about all cases, you never follow up on any of the advice you are given - you post once and leave. Do you read the responses?

None of us can "make" you quit...only you can. Have you considered seeking professional help or perhaps attending a meeting?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...archid=7693821

Some of your thread titles to jar your memory

Worst Hangover I've ever Had

Looks like I'm forced to Quit

Nose Bleeds Again

Worried about Blood Test

True or False...does alchohol suck vitamin from your sytem

How can i Quit?

Did alcohol make me Fat?

Homebrew

All Nighters

Cannot drink anymore

Gonna try adn quit again for the like 10th time

Whenever I try to quit

Going to try and quit again

From monday and I'm going to try and quit

Did alcohol mkae me put weight on

IM new and may have an alcohol problem

sg1970 04-24-2017 07:21 AM

I felt like you describe every morning for I don't know how long. But then I was scared to stop completely. I couldn't imagine never drinking again. Finally I got sick of all of it. You don't ever have to feel like this again and I assure you there is a life very much worth living without alcohol. Just do it.

Doug39 04-24-2017 07:39 AM

today I am exactly six months sober.

I spent 27 years being hungover every single day.

I do not miss that hell.

How about challenging yourself to quit?