Notices

Worrying excessively about my drunken behaviour

Old 04-18-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks I'll keep that in mind Im willing to do anything possible to avoid picking up alcohol again. I have said this so many times before I'm praying I stick to it that time.

Lpg
Old 04-18-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

wishing you the best LPG!
Old 04-18-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by midwest1981 View Post
wishing you the best lpg!
👍
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Thanks I'll keep that in mind Im willing to do anything possible to avoid picking up alcohol again. I have said this so many times before I'm praying I stick to it that time.

Lpg
Well this place and AA helped me to build a toolbox full of things to help me. Took me a while to become teachable though. Finally I started to understand that I needed to write down the things I was going to do or I'd just forget them and get in a state. And I needed to DO those things. Take action. I was a slow learner. Too bloody clever for my own good! That's what my mum used to say as well lol

Keep at it. You're doing great.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Lpg;6417358]
Originally Posted by Femaleboss1980 View Post
I to woke up black and blue on many occasions
Admitting you have a problem is first then overcoming the addiction follows

I wish you well im now 10 days sober all bruises healed and family on side instead of ignoring me

No not as yet i have looked into it and will attend i have a very busy life schedule but i will make time for this very soon
Im coping well up to now but i think talking to others that have addiction will help me on my journey
Hopefully yours too
Has your mum BF spoke to you yet?
Tomorrow is a new day x

That's amazing well done. I hope your journey continues to grow I wish you well too.
Do you do aa meetings too? Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're feeling a little better lpg

D
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I've been doing the same recently trying to change my drinking but realistically it never changes and I end up in the same black hole I always do. So I think for me alcohol isn't something I can use anymore, I'm extremely concerned that if I don't stop now it's going to kill me. Woke up black and blue this morning covered in scratches.

Iv emailed AA to see if they feel it would be worth me going along. There's lots of group locally too so possibly will drop by one to see if it's for me. Thanks for your reply, this group is very welcoming when your in a crisis.
Hello there! I definately feel your pain. I have recently started a fast decent into the horror show of heavy drinking I had my heart broken by someone and so I have been emailing him horrible messages when I drink! I feel so ashamed and hardly remember what I said i him!

I too will go for a week without drinking and work out everyday then on day 6 I will convince myself that it is ok to drink a few. The few leads to 12 pack and more even. Then I wake up with a hangover and morning drink. This turns into a 2 to 4 day bender.

I'm gonna try to quit again today

Best of luck to you! Try to stay positive and keep your head up
Old 04-18-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You can do this lpg. I saw your post on my 1 year thread. This post could have been written by me one year ago. If you want help, sometimes you just have to ask. Go to that AA meeting and ask for help. Tell them you are a newcomer and they will take it from there. And if for some reason you don't like that meeting, there is always another one. Put yourself first, your wellbeing depends on it. When you are tempted, post here or use the AA phone lists (get one at your meeting.). Everyone in that room has been where you are! Lots of love and strength to you!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

JUST 4 2DAY- REST, EAT, HYDRATE AND BREATHE. Post lots. put off the worry until tomorrow- and then tomorrow- wash, repeat
Old 04-18-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks everyone for your messages. Think im going to try a meeting tonight. I'm full of guilt now also as I missed work this week so far. Meant to be working today but can't bring myself to get up. Plus I'm scared to go out as I can't remember who I saw the other night. The good thing is I feel the thought of drinking is making me feel sick so no urges for it.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Try not to beat yourself up Lpg. Time heals all.

if you are having some sleep problems, try to check out recovery audio.org
it has a bunch of AA speaker talks. They cover all the messages from the AA book and are from some of the most well known circuit speakers.

Please keep posting about anything you need to get off your chest.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Try not to beat yourself up Lpg. Time heals all.

if you are having some sleep problems, try to check out recovery audio.org
it has a bunch of AA speaker talks. They cover all the messages from the AA book and are from some of the most well known circuit speakers.

Please keep posting about anything you need to get off your chest.
I actually slept like a baby last night I think I cried myself into a deep sleep so least that's something. I keep thinking about social events with friends and wondering how I'm going to go and not drink, is that normal to think about I feel like I shouldn't be caring about it.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That is very normal to think about. That type of worrying kept me drinking for too many years. Now I am sober I have less anxiety going to these social events knowing I will not drink no matter what than when I was drinking. When I was drinking, I had plans upon plans how I wouldn't over drink. Once I started drinking my only concern was drinking, drinking, and getting laid.

Now I actually socialize, have genuine conversations, and I leave alone or not but in my own car when I want. I wake up with happy memories, guilt/shame free, and with gratitude.

Stay sober and everything in your life will fall into place. All the guilt, shame, remorse you are feeling will be funny stories in time.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
That is very normal to think about. That type of worrying kept me drinking for too many years. Now I am sober I have less anxiety going to these social events knowing I will not drink no matter what than when I was drinking. When I was drinking, I had plans upon plans how I wouldn't over drink. Once I started drinking my only concern was drinking, drinking, and getting laid.

Now I actually socialize, have genuine conversations, and I leave alone or not but in my own car when I want. I wake up with happy memories, guilt/shame free, and with gratitude.

Stay sober and everything in your life will fall into place. All the guilt, shame, remorse you are feeling will be funny stories in time.
My only plan that stops me getting drunk is using drugs but that just makes my benders last longer, it's the only time I don't black out which I used to think was good so I would spend £100 on cocaine but now I think on it that behaviour is very alarming. Iv seen me sitting alone taking lines of cocaine at 12pm the next day without sleeping for over 24 hours.

I'm really scared to go to the meeting tonight. Think Ill sit crying the whole time!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

My only plan that stops me getting drunk is using drugs but that just makes my benders last longer, it's the only time I don't black out which I used to think was good so I would spend £100 on cocaine but now I think on it that behaviour is very alarming. Iv seen me sitting alone taking lines of cocaine at 12pm the next day without sleeping for over 24 hours.

I'm really scared to go to the meeting tonight. Think Ill sit crying the whole time!
You can do it. Theres really nothing to be scared of. They are all friends you just havent met yet. You dont have to say anything and if they ask if you want to share you can either share or say you would just like to listen today. You will feel so much better afterwards!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

What times your meeting LPG. Are you on GMT or elsewhere in the world?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

How r u lpg?