Notices

New to this

Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Redcx View Post
Hi. I'm brand new to this as well. I'm 27 yo female who also would binge drink a few times a week. I'm currently on day 2 sober(although I still feel weird saying day 2 since I didn't drink everyday). I was never able to have one and would out drink most people around me, taking pride in it. It's a scary thought, but I think you're on the right road recognizing you need help. Don't worry about your friends; the true ones will be there for you regardless, and the ones who have an issue with you bettering yourself you don't need around. I hope you stick to your guns and seek help for your underlying issues. Much love to you.
I feel weird saying that too but I guess its still another day I havent drank myself silly. And by now iv normally done the whole I don't give a sh*t routine to give me the courage to leave the house but I haven't done that this time. Wish you well on your recovery hopefully this can be a new beginning for us. It's horrible living life with at least 3 or 4 days ruined by alcohol, feel like I'm drinking away huge Chunks of my life.

Lpg
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Welcome LPG and Redcx to SR. Congrats to both of you for taking steps to live a happy sober life. I too was a binge drinker. I wish I would have taking action in my 20s or even 30s to find sobriety. Sobriety is so much more than abstinence. I hope you both stick around long enough to find out. Good luck and many prayers.
Thank you I think I will definitely try and stick to this. I never want to feel like this again it's torture. Lpg
Old 04-19-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Drinking until blacking out is very scary, puts yourself and others in danger. I am glad you are here and want to stop. I suggest finding something else to do. Find a friend who doesn't want to drink and will hang out with you on those nights where you typically drink. Go see a movie, go to the gym!!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by CoffeeInstead View Post
Drinking until blacking out is very scary, puts yourself and others in danger. I am glad you are here and want to stop. I suggest finding something else to do. Find a friend who doesn't want to drink and will hang out with you on those nights where you typically drink. Go see a movie, go to the gym!!
Thanks for replying. Yes very dangerous to be functioning and going places with no memory of doing it. My partner is being very supportive luckily. When he knew I'd had a drink on Monday he packed a bag to go stay at a hotel, breaks my heart to know I could force him out our house. I'm glad he didn't as I would prob be lying in a wood somewhere if he didn't find me. We have made a plan for the weekend to keep busy. Glad I found this page it's really helped this week. Lpg