Notices

Just spoke with a girl who I used to date.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just spoke with a girl who I used to date.

Since becoming sober, the world has worked in some mysterious ways.

I was talking to a person who brought up something about a recovery home located in Scottsdale, AZ. I immediately was reminded of a girl I used to kinda date who moved to Scottsdale in order to get sober. Looking at this girl you would have never known the problems she had.

She moved 2.5+ years ago and I never really heard from here up until today. I told her that I was sober knowing she went through some sort of recovery program, but the conversation really took a turn for the worse when we talked.

After two rehabs, and one recovery home. She was still addicted. Relapse after relapse. Eventually, she got stuck on heroin and hit her rock bottom. She STILL drinks. I got a text from her tonight saying she threw up from drinking yesterday. Her family has completely abandoned her. Trying her best, she is trying to get her life back in control.

She was still playing the song to the tune of, "I can handle it". I do not know what it will take for a person this deep in addiction to make them realize their formula is wrong.

This made me realize that myself and others do not have it as bad as we think we do.

Hearing this woman talk about still having problems that have gotten worse over the years really made me lose faith in believing she will ever change.

I had an epiphany:
I put myself in her shoes and thought if someone caught a conversation with me: What opinions would that person have? What would they say or think about me?

This single mindset shift is the motivation to make sure I change myself and stay sober.

This is day 40.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on day 40