SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   my first day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/407977-my-first-day.html)

drunkgirl97 04-16-2017 11:18 AM

my first day

Today is my first day of being sober, its coming to an end now and i cant even begin to describe what complete hell its been .

Ive been drinking 24/7 for the last three weeks , every day, every hour, things got so bad that i would wake up every morning in pain and shaking and drink a glass of vodka to feel normal again , i made myself so sick didnt eat for weeks just drunk. It was an endless cycle just trying to stay drunk all the time ' after another drunken injury i decided i needed to get sober now once and for all no matter what happens

So today i woke up and instead of reaching for the vodka i didnt drink and the withdrawals started, my body has been shaking uncontrollably all day ive had intense panick attacks that make me wish i was dead. Its been the worst day of my life all i can do right now is pray that i start to feel better because i don't know how much more of this i can take . Im so used to being in a numb state , everything is too real , i remember everything and its terrafying.
But im not giving up no matter what. I was just hoping someone out their could offer me some words of hope or comfert because im feeling very low and alone right now

Thank you so much if you took the time to read this sorry for the long post

Behappy1 04-16-2017 11:29 AM

Easter is a GREAT day to quit! Happy Easter and congrats on day one! Hang in there, you're in the worst of it now. It will get better. If you need to go to the ER, please do so.

2ndhandrose 04-16-2017 11:57 AM

I will echo what Behappy posted.

Easter is an awesome day 1 and if you need to go to the ER, please don't hesitate. Rather go and not have needed to than not go and wish you had.

Early days are tough, no doubt about it :grouphug:

Stay close to SR, lots of support here, (((dg)))

ScottFromWI 04-16-2017 11:57 AM

Glad you are making the choice to quit today Drunkgirl. Please be safe and see a doctor if the withdrawals get too bad, they can be very dangerous at times.

Soberwolf 04-16-2017 12:26 PM

Congrats I know you can do this

least 04-16-2017 12:44 PM

Get help if it gets bad. :hug: It will get easier, the longer you stay sober. :)

Dee74 04-16-2017 04:22 PM

way to go dg - congrats..we're with you :)

D

RapidMan 04-16-2017 05:43 PM

Well done DG on making the hard step to stop.

Don't think any of us would lie and say it's going to be easy. I've had many attempts at sobriety over the years and the withdrawals have ranged from almost non existent to debilitating.

From what you describe I think yours are headed for the debilitating end of the spectrum.

Now as always there are two parts to withdrawal, the mental and the physical. Talking things out here and elsewhere can help with the mind, but your body is also going through a severe chemical withdrawal and only a Doc can address that.

If you are in any way concerned about the physical effects take yourself off to a Doctor or ER to get medication to head that off. Once you end up having a seizure no amount of talking will help

Hevyn 04-16-2017 06:05 PM

I remember feeling that same way, DG - and I sympathize. Once you're through the worst of it things will begin to look up - you'll never have to do this again. Cling to thoughts of getting free and having a new life. As the others said, please get professional help if you feel terrible. Please let us know how you're doing - we care about you.

Misc72 04-16-2017 06:29 PM

HYDRATE! You can do this. Water water water... Gatorade. Get those electrolytes going. HYDRATE! Keep going. Don't let "IT" win.

PhoenixJ 04-16-2017 08:23 PM

WITH-D CAN BE DANGEROUS, CAN YOU GET TO AN ER- DETOX?
Be safe. Keep posting. Support to you.

Done4today 04-16-2017 10:39 PM

Please let someone know what you're doing so they can check on you. The first few days the withdrawals can be dangerous/deadly. Please call EMS if you think you need them. Many prayers DG

SteveAlex 04-16-2017 10:43 PM

How are you?

Normancita 04-16-2017 11:37 PM

Thinking of you DG....are you okay?

soupcon 04-17-2017 03:50 AM

How is it going now? Don't hesitate to seek medical help if you find the withdrawals too scary. Let someone know what you are going through.

Teetotaler56 04-17-2017 04:24 AM

I hope you made it through your first day. It really does sound like you need some medical attention for your withdrawals. I hope you got some help. I'm praying for you.

soupcon 04-17-2017 04:46 AM

Please let us know what's going on. We have all been there. If you picked up a drink, that's understandable. Withdrawals can be brutal. I know I needed the ER in my last bout many years ago,

Foosball123 04-17-2017 04:29 PM

I really identify with what you're going through, especially about everything being "too real." Hang in there

bigguyslimm 04-17-2017 04:37 PM

Congrats on your choice to get sober. I was a vodka drinker and got sober almost 6 years ago. I would like to tell you from experience that it is best to see a doctor when coming off of alcohol, especially if you've been heavy drinking as much as you say. They can give you a round of pills that will help ween you off, and will also help with the withdrawal. I didn't know about the stuff when I got sober, and I didn't realize the dangers that could happen from quitting cold turkey. Your body could go into shock and you could run the risk of having a seizure. You could do just fine on your own, but it's always best to be safe about it. Best of luck to you.

2muchpain 04-17-2017 05:01 PM

Hope you check in soon to let us know how you are doing. John