Notices

36 and still doing the same ole....well u know.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

turn around- yes. Go to meetings. See a counsellor. Make a plan. Go to SMART. Journal. Share and post. Support to you.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Phew! Its been awhile and I wanted to come and check in. I would love to say its been easy and i stopped drinking but i havent. I did ease up drinking and I was taking my medication which made me feel pretty awful all day and helped me not want to drink but only because i felt like puking all day not because i didnt have the urge. Which kind of pissed me off. I have a new therapist and he was very to the point, if i drink he wont see me. That was told to me Thursday. I drank that night. I felt like i had to. Stupid AV! Then i i drank again Sunday. But not a lot. Still not happy with myself. I am posting here to commit to being sober starting right now! I have a new job so that is a great incentive. Its hard because i have a horrible cold right now and i think the start of bronchitis and when i am sick i get so moody, crazy feeling and want to drink. Its dumb, i know. But fingers crossed i got this in the bag this time. Lord knows i have tried so many times. Thanks for reading my ramblings everyone.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back letsdance

I hope you think a little about the mechanics of how you'll stay sober - SR and a counsellor are great help, but the buck stops with you, really.
Any plan ideas yet - things you might do differently this time?

D
Old 05-17-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are youbng- with a strong awareness. Try going to meetings. I did the were not for me bit- it is just a way to listen and connect. Not a religion or a cult. Just people 9like at SR) who help each other by sharing and showing support.
Which is what I give to you- support. Keep posting too- more often in the threads, a good motivator.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i was 36 when i got sober. i was a miserable wreck. 23 ish years of drinking, my body and mind werent going to heal in a few days. i had to give sobreity time before i was going to start feeling mentally,emotionally, and spiritually better.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back letsdance, glad to hear you are making a choice to try this again. As Dee mentions, this is really all about you. Crossing fingers and hoping really isn't going to be too effective - addiction is a very, very powerful thing. You will need to make big changes to your lifestyle, and you won't like some of the things you will have to do at first. It's very much worthwhile though, so I hope you can find the strength to do it. Your therapist sound fairly hard-line but he is correct that most mental health issues cannot be solved until you stop drinking.

Have you read our sticky thread about making a plan to get sober? If not it's a great read.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Been doing okay. Haven't drank but i have been very busy. So i havent had much time to drink even if i wanted to. I need a plan, because i know i wont be busy forever.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
How did i get here? I have been posting on this wonderful board for probably 6 years telling everyone and myself i will stop drinking. Ha, what a joke. I know i should not beat myself up but what am i? Nothing. Well no that is wrong, i am something, i am a mom first and formost, a wife, a daughter. I mean alot to alot of people and i am not looking for pity so please dont think i am. Well maybe i am looking for pity, no actually sympathy, i guess. Only you people here know what i am going through. I dont tell my mom, my dad or anyone about how bad my drinking really is. Its gotten worse and worse. I feel like i have wasted years and years of my life. My doc has prescribed something to help with my cravings but i am so gone i wont take it if i feel i want to drink. Thats how much this dumb booze has me! I want to get better, i beg my doctor to make it better but i skip my pills. I have a crap job, im depressed. But heres another thing i have always been depressed since i was like 12 yrs old. So what came first, the booze and then depression or other way around? I hope IF i can stop i can BE NORMAL again. Live life, love life. I dont enjoy anything anymore. Im tired. Can my life really turn around???

Sure you can assuming you seriously want to stop drinking. If you're like me you'll mean it now but later on it's back to drinking.

That was my MO for years.

I really did want to do something about my drinking but never did... until I actually did.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back.

What is your plan? I mean, for now, today, this weekend- and ongoing? Can't stress enough that I agree with what Dee and Scott wrote.

And- yes, it is possible to come back from the "Worst" of the worst - many of us have our version of that, and can tell you with certainty it is better over here.

Please take this chance - it could be your last.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you made it back.

What is your plan? I mean, for now, today, this weekend- and ongoing? Can't stress enough that I agree with what Dee and Scott wrote.

And- yes, it is possible to come back from the "Worst" of the worst - many of us have our version of that, and can tell you with certainty it is better over here.

Please take this chance - it could be your last.
I am not sure what my plan is and obviously its not working whatever im doing. I am right back to square one. I am worse then ever actually, my drinking is starting to affect me job. Not good. I have so much of my plate (its a long story...) but i am adding more stress my drinking. Yet when i am stressed i want to drink.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really important to do something I think. ...something besides drinking.

Draw up a list - everything from posting more here, seeing a Dr, seeing a counsellor, through to going to AA, SMART Lifering, or reading about Ratuional Recovery - all the way through to outpatient and inpatient rehab.

Strike out the things that you feel are are too hard or antithetical to you. Look at the rest.

Pick the easiest. Add the next hardest if the easiest doesn't work.

If you end up striking out everything?
widen your 'too hard' parameters a little and try again

Action is the key to change.

D