SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I feel scared and alone.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/407188-i-feel-scared-alone.html)

khyzer35 04-01-2017 11:33 AM

I feel scared and alone..

Hey everyone i had yo go to the ER 3 months ago to stop drinking..i stayed sober for 2months and a month ago i started again....ive been hiding it from my family becuase of how it put me in the hospital..and they all begged me to stop. I made my mom cry out of fear for me...yet i fell back into the trap..today i have a really bad hangover after drinking all day not just ar night after work like i would...my hearts been racing all day...i feel anxious and depressed..i dont have anyone to talk to because my frienda and family think i am still sober..i want to stop and dont let them know..im just scared.. I feel like hell...i cant even drink to feel better becuase it makes me feel sixk and makes my anxiety so much worse...I dont want to go to the ER again and scare my family...i know my anxiety is making it seem so mucb worse...idk what to do

PhoenixJ 04-01-2017 11:38 AM

hI kh AND WELCOME. there IS A cLASS OF aPRIL 2017 THREAD JUST STARTED UP=(sorry caps lock) you could start there. See your doc about your physical health 9blood work perhaps- maybe needing supplements or stuff), go to an AA or SMART meeting. See a counsellor about how you feel and work out ways to change your thinking. Keep posting and sharing. Keeping a journal is a good idea. Having a sobriety plan- work out what to do and when- not just leave not drinking to will power and 'luck' - does not work that way.
Keep posting. PJ

dsmaxis10 04-01-2017 11:45 AM

Tell on yourself tell everything you been doing that's what I did!!!

khyzer35 04-01-2017 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 (Post 6391695)
Tell on yourself tell everything you been doing that's what I did!!!

I know i should! But will i?! I feel like i can stop but its hard dealing with this anxiety with no one to talk to about it..i want someone to be around and watch over me while i sweat this out..i needed this to really show me why the **** i dont want to do this anymore!

Forward12 04-01-2017 11:57 AM

Try hitting up an AA meeting, there will be plenty of support there

Done4today 04-01-2017 12:02 PM

You can do this khyzer!!

Call your local AA central and hit up a meeting. The anxiety will go away if you stay away from booze. Go for a run, hike, walk, hit the gym, a movie, etc. Don't isolate and dwell on now. Take your dog, neighbors dog for a walk. do something anything to get out of your own way.

Good luck and many prayers

Gottalife 04-04-2017 03:05 AM

AA was the answer for me too, but it was the last place I wanted to go, or expected to be at age 22. Maybe the detox can suggest a counselling service. I liked counselling. They gave me lots of options, which I tried prior to going to AA and getting sober. I will never forget the warm welcome I got there.

PhoenixJ 04-04-2017 06:58 AM

How are you khy?

khyzer35 04-06-2017 06:11 PM

I am 6 days sober so far! There are ups and downs but a lot more ups than downs! Thank you all for responding!

Hevyn 04-06-2017 06:14 PM

6 days is something to be really proud of khyzer. We know how hard it is to get started - but you're doing it. Life can be so much better for you.

ScottFromWI 04-06-2017 06:29 PM

That's very good news khyzer, congrats on your first week of being sober! The first few weeks are some of the hardest, give yourself some credit where credit is due. Don't forget we are always here at SR if you need some help.

TheLuckyCat 04-06-2017 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by khyzer35 (Post 6400060)
I am 6 days sober so far! There are ups and downs but a lot more ups than downs! Thank you all for responding!

I was happy to read that. Well done. I find the first two weeks really hard.
I failed there a few days ago but I'm gonna try again.

Good luck to us both ^^/\^^

ThatWasTheOldMe 04-06-2017 08:53 PM

Khyzer,

You and I are alike. I became addicted to showing up at the ER in withdrawal. Don't be like me :(

After a while, they will stop treating you. Congratulations on 6 days!

Dee74 04-06-2017 11:30 PM

way to go Khyzer :)

D