Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

How many times did I or (we) keep our mouths shut today ?

Notices

How many times did I or (we) keep our mouths shut today ?

Old 04-10-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Interesting thread. I am getting ready to take a cross country trip with/to my family and I always prepare myself to be agreeable no matter what and to stay silent as much as possible. Thank you for helping me to remember that. My wife can be quite rude and sharp tongued on these trips then throw in a few airplane bottles of vodka...me responding will not has not helped anything when it gets like that. The very least I can do is keep my big mouth shut and things will not get worse!

All that said, I am going to a southern state where racism is common and acceptable. Sorry, I am from the south and I know that many people there are not racists and that many people here in the NW are racists, it's not a simple deal but, as a white guy I have to hear a lot of people drop the "N word" the way it was intended--as a hurtful slur used by white people to demean black people. And I really hate it to the point where I don't keep my mouth shut anymore. I have to be careful out there on the thin ice but I have made a personal decision that I cannot remain silent on this issue anymore.

Thanks for everything Mountainmanbob, you are a treasure on this website. Keep up the good and thoughtful work.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How controlling can I really be at times?
Do I really need to tell someone
exactly how to leave an utensil?
It's true, there's what I think to be good reason for my (special placement)
it would save me a little work and be cleaner -- IF DONE MY WAY.

But, it would also be an unnatural change for the other person to make.
Maybe once again -- it would be best (for all) to keep my mouth shut.

A nice sober day wished for all,
M-Bob
Old 04-11-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have been told I do very polite conversation.. well to a point ..and then my Pop the Marine DI steps out of me.. can back a grown man any color up to a wall and he knows its his worst nightmare ever....
in the last few days I have held my tongue as my Grandmother would says often..
try very hard not to have to deal with those of hate nature in any form.. for they are just feeding off the hate they create.. and the worse it gets..
have had to do a safety drill with my co-worker.. last week.. for our protection.. there is a point in my citizen training in law enforcement .. where I will not let anything happen to me or him.. his GrandDaughter is just a year and needs this big dummy to be around for the next 20 years...

the world is such a mean ugly place... to much kids and beans just too much..
prayers so many every day and hopes for a better tomorrow.. one baby step at a time...