Notices

For Anyone that Remembers Me...

Old 10-14-2004, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For Anyone that Remembers Me...

Hi all,
Just a quick update....I am still around actually...still writing on livejournal all the time. I pop over here now and again to read a few posts too....
Just wanted to let anyone know who remembers me writing all the time last year that as of last Tuesday, I did finally call a counselor and start going.
So...finally, after a year of people telling me to...lol, a little late but I finally broke down and did.
I am also still sober, just over 10 months now....it's still amazing to me. Everyday I'm sober is a miracle....I can't wait to hit the one year. One year since everything with Neil. It looks as though he is actually moving back from California...things didn't work out and he'll be back by Halloween. Hence the quick trip into therapy before everything repeats itself from last year. I honestly don't think I could live through another winter like last!
So....although things aren't perfect, I do still cut and the problems are still there...I'm finally doing something real about it....
Music, if your still around...I thought you, most of all would like to hear this.
Later,
Stacey
Old 10-14-2004, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey..I can't recall your handle, but congrats on the 10 months and glad you're making the right changes in your life....
Old 10-15-2004, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work on the ten months Stacy.Don't be a stranger.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Good to see you Stacey!
Old 10-16-2004, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stacey, I'm proud of you!!

Good to hear from you Stacey. Still sober and getting some help. Now, that's what I'm talking about. Taking some action to help yourself is the first step to REAL recovery. Please hang in there with your counselor and keep us updated....ok. Just tie a knot and hang on.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think that's the first nice thing you've ever said to me Music...I'm proud...hehe...
I will keep everyone updated...I'm sorry I've been away for a couple of months..I'll try to at least pop in with periodic updates. Don S. is still reading my livejournal...good ol' Don.
Things are slowly but surely getting better, there are plenty of setbacks and plenty of rewards, it's an ever-swinging branch that throws life's best curves at me when I least expect it but it's still better than being drunk.....
Thanks for the support,
Stacey
Old 10-16-2004, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know what you mean Stacey.
I had some people say things to me in the beginning that I didn't think were bery "nice." Today I know they loved me enough to be honest, even if it hurt my feelings.
Love you.
Just hang in there and cherish that feeling of being proud of yourself. Just do me one favor. Don't hurt yourself anymore. You're important to me.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Music,
Wow....I do agree with you. You've always stuck in my mind from my still drinking but trying to stop days as the one who was the 'meanest' which was actually good for me most of the time. I always knew sometimes you were right even if I didn't agree...sometimes you were a little off but, it was mostly all helpful.
I'm sure I'll be working with the counselor to stop the cutting. I can't promise you I'll never do it again but I will promise that I am on the right road and I am trying with everything I have...therefore, I will stop.
Thank you again Music,...you surprized me yet.
Stacey
Old 10-16-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Stacey,I too,could not help but hate the way Music posted back to me.He/she was mean and rude,at least thats how I perceived it at the time.He/she would post with no compassion and make me think,really think.Well Music,it works,straight up and to the point,some people in "our" state of mind cant hear the "sweet talking".I pretty much hated you for a while,maybe because you remind me of my father,very blunt,no holds barred,take it or leave it,its all up to you kind of thing.I respect that of you and always will.Dont start gettin' soft on us now :AR15firin thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Stacey ! So good to hear from you .I am so glad to hear you are still sober ! Dont be a stranger ,Bless , Trish
Old 10-17-2004, 05:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm an avid Music fan myself I alway's remember what my sponsor said about resentments, when we don't like something someone has to say or how they behave, we're really recalling our own dislike for ourself and when something really stings so bad that someone said, it's time to look within.

Keep up the good work Stacey.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Good to hear from you Stacey. Congrats on your sobriety....and making that call.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Thats awesome Stacey...10 months is an accomplishment. Just as 1 day is too. I noticed something else though...two posts and only one "Neil." Take care of you, the rest will take care of itself...