SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Feeling Grateful (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/406965-feeling-grateful.html)

sean0621 03-28-2017 08:39 AM

Feeling Grateful

I'm finally feeling like I know myself for the first time in my life. I am comfortable in my own skin, I'm confident to take on life's challenges and triumph over them without thought of drink or drug.

I enjoy learning and it shows in all aspects of my life. Right now I am focusing on spiritual growth and understanding. I'm enjoying and appreciating what I have and adding things of value into my life while watching things of little or no value slip away from my life on their own.

I am at a point now where I can say that I am happy that I went through the bad times of addiction, because I love who I have become right now and wouldn't change a thing.

I had no idea that the journey could be so sweet or that I could find peace and that it wasn't at the end of the road but it was just found traveling the right path.

This place is where I first reached out, before AA, before Racing for Recovery, when I was desperate to stop self destructing and felt hopeless.

It is but an aspect of my recovery but one that I am forever grateful for.

I don't often post, I more like to read and listen and enjoy watching the newcomers grow and prosper.

My wish is for everyone that comes here for help, gets as much out of recovery as I have.

TheLuckyCat 03-28-2017 11:31 AM

Hi.

It's very inspiring to hear people's recovery stories and how it can make them grow within themselves.

I think the most wisest people are those who've fallen to the bottom, but have managed to make it back to the top.

I'm only a few days into my recover. It's not easy, and i still really crave that filter alcohol can put on everything.

But like many here have reminded me.
Play the tape back and think of what you were like at your last drink, not the first.

I look forward to growing and being able to forgive myself.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
It's another great read and another boost to help me stay sober. :)

AlericB 03-28-2017 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheLuckyCat (Post 6385860)
I think the most wisest people are those who've fallen to the bottom, but have managed to make it back to the top.

That reminds me of something I read once that the depth to which we have sunk is a measure of the height we can reach.

dsmaxis10 03-28-2017 12:45 PM

Wow I only read a few lines a great definition Bill Wilson wrote fir humility is knowing the truth about are self and are capacity to be!!!! Your gaining in humility!!!

2ndhandrose 03-28-2017 01:03 PM

Beautiful post, sean :grouphug:

You may not post often but when you do, it packs a punch of positivity :tyou