SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I already spent my liquor money for the week... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/406647-i-already-spent-my-liquor-money-week.html)

steve-in-kville 03-22-2017 11:59 AM

I already spent my liquor money for the week...

.... on nutritional supplements!

Whey protein, a new shaker cup and some electrolyte tablets.

Let the training begin!

JimiC 03-22-2017 12:30 PM

Awesome! Coincidentally I had whey with skim milk in a shaker cup today as well :biggthump

zjw 03-22-2017 12:48 PM

yeah i eat better foods these days. i think of it as an investment into my health some people spend on health insurance and so on. I pay for running shoes and good food whatever. its my future the more i can save on medical bills 30 years from now the better!

steve-in-kville 03-22-2017 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by zjw (Post 6377979)
I pay for running shoes and good food whatever.

I averaged out what drinking was costing me per week, and that was when I drank mid/lower shelf stuff. The numbers were pretty staggering. It wasn't a pretty picture!

Rocketrocket 03-22-2017 01:22 PM

I hear you friend this is the first pay day I actually have groceries in the fridge .. and some nice 59 dollar steaks .. all bills payed ... and some money left over for a movie or 2.. dam vodka was over 1000 a month for 10 years

steve-in-kville 03-22-2017 01:44 PM

Yep.... I could've had a lot of nice stuff for what I dumped down my throat!

Originally Posted by Rocketrocket (Post 6377995)
I hear you friend this is the first pay day I actually have groceries in the fridge .. and some nice 59 dollar steaks .. all bills payed ... and some money left over for a movie or 2.. dam vodka was over 1000 a month for 10 years

zjw 03-22-2017 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville (Post 6377990)
I averaged out what drinking was costing me per week, and that was when I drank mid/lower shelf stuff. The numbers were pretty staggering. It wasn't a pretty picture!

yeah its like one way or another. invest in your health and your at least increasing your odds off good health in the days ahead. Invest in booze and your increasing your odds of bad health and so on in the days ahead.

I might still get hit by a bus or stricken with cancer who knows. but i'm at least upping my quality of life to day and increasing the odds for good days ahead . If i still go down i at least will go doing having made a good effort this time vs what I was doing before. I was just asking for trouble the way i was headed before.

steve-in-kville 03-22-2017 02:02 PM

Forgot to mention.... I bought 3 pounds of bacon, too. I'm frying that up now. I might be at that a while this evening. Sorry vegans, but bacon rules!!

JudicatorPanzer 03-22-2017 03:50 PM

I love having money to spend on productive things in my life now! I'm so grateful!

MsCooterBrown 03-22-2017 04:37 PM

I know food was a whole new concept to me! One of the things I do now to take up what used to be drinking time....Try out new recipes!!!!