Notices

Been thinking....

Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been thinking....

It's like my mind doesn't 'shut off' anymore.. I don't know if it's that I've been attending regular meetings and when I can't, I come on here. Actually, I've been clinging to SR all weekend and today..
Anyways..I've been thinking about nothing but my problem with booze non-stop,which I assume is a good thing at the start of recovery? I haven't left the house all weekend except for jogging and working out. I've watched a lot of movies/TV,cleaned up,yard work,ect..Only spent $27 since Thursday!
So, I started up an old video game(haven't played in a year or more)..as I'm thinking the game starts up..I'm in a crashed helicopter and don't realize that I HAVE to climb out of the wreckage to move on in the game...because I was thinking about my sobriety. I was just holding the controller and staring at the wall basically. When I 'came to' and started climbing out of the wreckage, it dawned on me that was what my life had become(wreckage) and now I'm climbing out from it..Weird feeling!
Just thought I'd share..
Thanks for everyone here and all you do!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isn't that true.. it's amazing what we see, think and feel when the alcohol fog starts to lift.
Wax on, wax off.

Your post caught my eye.
"Been thinking... DontRemember"

Have a good night. Good job on your choice of path thus far. Keep it up my friend.