Notices

How did vodka be come my best friend

Old 03-20-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did vodka be come my best friend

I'm I sure happy I found this place.

I only had a few on work days but clear have a best friend for weekend andhis name is vodka .. not sure when this happened but i am very happy I found this place is realized I'm on a slippery slope there is only one direction.. I had 5 days off and drank more in those 5 days then normal people in a year .. scared my self with the time loss so thought it was time to sober up... and bam I'm find out I'm alcoholic and my best friend for weekends is vodka..when did this happen... and now 3 days sober I feel like the guy from trainspotting when getting..sweats. itchy as f$#@ and with gut rott and skin color changes. nerves tingly ... I know this from the bender but the i was trying to remember the last time I didn't have a couple .unknown at this point.. some how I justified a drink or to on work day to cope .. not drunk but not sober holding pattern till the days off to hang out with my besty..and like most of you taking a odd day off from work to drink or recover... I went through a divorce and lost half of every.. I'm recovering from that and still have this weekend best friend I'm stuck with..
I'm way further down the rabbit hole then I though .. I'm an alcoholic and 3 of sweating it out.. hope my liver with for give me ...pretty excited for the withdrawals to go away (why does if I have a few drinks the withdrawals go ..what kind of evil is that ). I look back now and was having withdraws but blamed them on hang over..and I don't know own if most if you ended up where I am but hang overs don't even happen only fog at least for the last 6 months ...sorry was trying to fit 10 years in to a rant and for all you out there that wanting a drink remember where I'm at this withdrawal sucks .. thank again for this forum
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome rocketrocket
A lot of us wake up & think how did I get here...

it's the death of a thousand cuts really...millimetre by millimetre we fall in.

We can get out tho - with a little effort and some staunch support.

You'll find that here

D
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Rocketrocket,

My story is very similar to yours. There is recovery and you don't need to drink. Drinking went from fun at one time to what you experience now. You can never get that fun back in a bottle, but you can with sobriety. Stay strong and don't drink!! keep posting and don't drink!!! You can do it like we all have. Good luck and many prayers.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Rocket, I am in a boat with you right now, my poison is beer and whiskey. I am in to DT's and feel poorly, but I know we can do it, keep posting it has really helped me.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good. It takes some effort and making changes, but the result is worth it.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would hang on to this hangover of yours. My last bender scared me sober. I woke up...and all I could do was stare. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked SICK... I was sick. That whole day I stared and shook then dry heaved.... I have NEVER had a hangover that bad before. I realized alcohol no longer works for me...It used to be fun to "check out" with shots and drinks...then it became what I call The Maintenance Plan. Turned into something I had to do to function and maintain. My brain told me that. I no longer believe it. I hope you can let it go Rocketrocket. I thought I was going to die. It scared me straight. Give it up and don't look back!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IN2Q View Post
Welcome Rocket, I am in a boat with you right now, my poison is beer and whiskey. I am in to DT's and feel poorly, but I know we can do it, keep posting it has really helped me.
Stay stong My friend.. I'm not sure about u but the end less nights of drinking alone is clearly what is Going to be the hardest.. it was a cure for excess time and aloneness
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome rocketrocket, I'm currently going through day 4 of withdrawals (one of many) after a week bender, so I understand that feeling well. I too know how it can sneak up on you. I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad you found this place.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alcohol is one sneaky bastard. It starts with someone you like to hang out with, to a close friend, to someone that pulls a fast one making you at it's mercy to it.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rocketrocket View Post
Stay stong My friend.. I'm not sure about u but the end less nights of drinking alone is clearly what is Going to be the hardest.. it was a cure for excess time and aloneness
Thank you, I have spent a lot of my alone nights on this site reading, it has helped me learn that I am not alone, there is many people feeling the DT's right now and sticking with it. the kindness these members give is worth their salt when it comes to making me feel like I am with friends, Keep stopping in and posting the people here are
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to Rocket, IN2Q and immri.

Getting and staying sober isn't easy, but it beats losing everything and then dying or becoming on the streets or in an institution.