SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Drinking out of a pot now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/406409-drinking-out-pot-now.html)

WW2gamer 03-18-2017 10:02 AM

Drinking out of a pot now

I held out till just before 5pm Thursday til I started booze. Then Friday was a blur

Now I used my bank card unwisely, 2 times. So I will be short for service charges again. I'm pretty sure I left enough to cover paypal. If not, that will cost $45 extra.

So now I'm drinking tomato jucie and 57.1% rum from a pot. Wish I had weed and tobacco.

And I think my math was off by $10, so I didn't leave enough for paypal...........u idiot.

Well now I might as well go spend the other $20

JeffreyAK 03-18-2017 10:18 AM

So what will it take for you to stop?

Doug39 03-18-2017 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by WW2gamer (Post 6372077)
I held out till just before 5pm Thursday til I started booze. Then Friday was a blur

Now I used my bank card unwisely, 2 times. So I will be short for service charges again. I'm pretty sure I left enough to cover paypal. If not, that will cost $45 extra.

So now I'm drinking tomato jucie and 57.1% rum from a pot. Wish I had weed and tobacco.

And I think my math was off by $10, so I didn't leave enough for paypal...........u idiot.

Well now I might as well go spend the other $20

No offense, but I feel that you are trying to gain people's sympathy and/or have people tell you it is ok to do what you are doing.

Their is no way to justify this behavior and feeling sorry for yourself is a waste of time.

Get out and go to an AA meeting. You claim you have no friends and no life - they will help you change that.

MIRecovery 03-18-2017 10:48 AM

When you are ready to quit there are a ton of resources until then the consequences of being an active alcoholic only get worse.

There is a way out if want it

least 03-18-2017 10:51 AM

How bad do things have to get before you'll stop drinking? :(

Kris47 03-18-2017 10:56 AM

Get the help you need. Before it is too late. Not everyone is a lucky one.

WW2gamer 03-18-2017 11:36 AM

I love cats, but some cats just don't give a ___ I was friendly with a cat and then tried to scratch his belly, and he attacked, drew blood, and then sat under a tree 2 feet from me and chilled out

WW2gamer 03-18-2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MIRecovery (Post 6372158)
When you are ready to quit there are a ton of resources until then the consequences of being an active alcoholic only get worse.

There is a way out if want it

A few years ago I used to quit for a few months to over a year(don't remember the longest time, maybe 2-3 years?)

But then I drink way too often for 2-3years because I had the money to do so.

Now I don't have a job, and can only drink 2/month.

So thats a good then for now.

This will get me QUIT again.

And I spent $60 on non booze stuff on ebay, my hobby stuff

So soon I will be off the booze

Kris47 03-18-2017 12:51 PM

Just hope you're certain about that.

Alcoholism is a progressive disease.

WW2gamer 03-18-2017 01:43 PM

I want to quit tho, now, not good i know

MIRecovery 03-18-2017 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by WW2gamer (Post 6372216)
A few years ago I used to quit for a few months to over a year(don't remember the longest time, maybe 2-3 years?)

But then I drink way too often for 2-3years because I had the money to do so.

Now I don't have a job, and can only drink 2/month.

So thats a good then for now.

This will get me QUIT again.

And I spent $60 on non booze stuff on ebay, my hobby stuff

So soon I will be off the booze

I was soon going to be off the booze too. The problem was I had 25 years of soon days that never came. I had to come to the realization that alcohol was destroying my life and that if I didn't quit I would give away everything I loved and cherished

Kris47 03-18-2017 03:07 PM

If you are serious, dump the booze and don't buy anymore. Call a hotline, go to rehab or go to a meeting now. Your life does depend on it.

Dee74 03-18-2017 04:12 PM

Some really good advice here WW2Gamer.

There's a lot of wisdom and help here on SR if you want to quit - why not use it? :)

D

D

ScottFromWI 03-18-2017 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by WW2gamer (Post 6372320)
I want to quit tho, now, not good i know

Wanting to quit is a good thing. Actually quitting is another. Do you think you are ready to do what it takes to do the latter?

FloRida2017 03-18-2017 07:51 PM

Being broke and drunk. I don't miss it. It can be difficult but once you get a couple of weeks sober, you will be so glad you did as you start to feel better and better while you save money that would have been spent on liquor. isn't it frustrating to have to drink just to feel ok? You can break out of that prison and feel ok or good everyday sober

SoberLeigh 03-18-2017 08:28 PM

There is an exponentially better way to live, WW2gamer.

Start by throwing out the booze and seeking help.

We are here for you.

SoberLeigh 03-18-2017 08:35 PM

Here is a link to a great SR thread; hope you take a look at it and think about formulating a true plan for sobriety and recovery:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=Psst

Done4today 03-18-2017 09:43 PM

Good luck WW2gamer. It takes some action on your part to quit. When you're sick of being sick and tired there are many recovery programs to help you. You will be able to learn about them all right here on SR. Good luck and many prayers.

ThatWasTheOldMe 03-19-2017 10:48 PM

I'm going on day 8 and I still have the shakes. I have hospital and doctor bills up the wazoo from drinking. I don't have a job. I've lost countless employment opportunities, career advancement opportunities, friendships, relationships, and all I have left are a whole lot of yets.

You. Will. Lose. Everything.

If you're anything like me. That is my reality. I'm waiting for the shakes to subside so I can get to work on damage control. In the mean time, I read and go to meetings.