Notices

Relapse...and finding my way back

Old 03-13-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you...Done4Today...I will post tomorrow...on my Day 1. I know that I seem like a coward for drinking wine to come down. I hope to get my strength and courage back! I help people for a living, it is high time that I help myself...Thank you again, for not judging.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

God bless you Hevyn,

I needed to hear that I am not a complete looser...I deserve another chance, I can be stronger, wiser, and healthier this time! All I have left is hope!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What are you doing to help make it easier to stay sober after a few days, which you say you can do? Meetings, maybe, of any flavor? Have you considered an outpatient medical treatment program where you can learn more about tools to stay away for good? Read/post here more often? In my experience, we have to do things to stay sober, after we've beat it for a couple days and start to feel better following our most recent detox/withdrawal episode. Wishes aren't usually enough, not once we've crossed the line.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How are you doing Wildflower?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

There is no judgement here and no one thinks you're a loser or coward for drinking. You are showing tremendous courage asking for help and actually seeking it.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

JeffreyAK,
I know that I need a new plan, I seem to drink when I have to deal with the intense pressures of life. Like I said, I can go day's without drinking, then on day 4 or 5, I say"Fu** it". I drink and binder for the next few days...until I am here. But yet, I seem to be able to get sober fore months...8 months being the longest, then I am back to "Fu** it". This has been the pattern for 20 years..

Why can't I see the benefits of long-term sobriety??
Old 03-13-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I will consume the last 6oz of wine before bed, and take a Xanix. This seems like a good, at home detox plan.

Good plan if you like playing Russian Roulette. Meds and alcohol never mix. Anyone remember Karen Ann Quinlan ? Ended up in a coma for YEARS and never came out of it. Please rethink what you are doing. This is NOT judging you in any way. Just major concern.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
I am ashamed to post this, as I was doing so well in recovery. I had a serious relapse in November, and can't seem to find my way back. I am reaching out for help, hopefully without judgement.
it is hard and I know, trust me. But most of us have relapsed.it hasn't been the first time for me and not sure it will be the last and Think of it as a bump in the road, rather then something to be ashamed of. We are only human at the end off the day. If you find it really difficult, like impossible to do, then you need professional help and try to speak to someone really close,who has your back, about it, if you can. I hope that you make progress and at least you know it's time to start again.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

MsCooter,

I don't know how else to stop the shakes, diarrhea, hot flashes, ect... I need to do this at home, as I have way to much to loose if I admit the problem and seek help.

Isn't that a major problem in this country? Your damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Please support me guys...I will seek more tools to help me!!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
I need to do this at home, as I have way to much to loose if I admit the problem and seek help.
How much do you have to lose if you do not seek help and continue your pattern?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Please don't be afraid to seek help. When I was drinking my thinking was so distorted and warped that I could not determine what was true and what was false. Can you find a meeting schedule? AA helped me when I was alone and afraid. I relapsed after nine months twice and I just had to get back up and believe in myself. You deserve to feel calm, safe, and happy.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

JeffreyAK,

Seeing my own post scares the hell out of me! I am going to quit tonight, even if it kills me...
Old 03-13-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Are you sure you don't need medical help wildflower? Surely couldn't hurt to get checked out at ER?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

kittycat3,

I would surely rather die than expose my dirty laundry...Sounds vein or cowardly?...Maybe.

I refuse to go down like this. My friend is watching me, and I will no doubt self medicate tonight.

I see the light of a new day....tomorrow will be the real test.

Thank you all for your kind and loving support, I hope that one day I can again share strength and wisdom with others.

Many blessings!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
Look at my Join date...I have had a few and am back again...3/6/17 I made a firm commitment to myself that this is IT. Join me...we can do this together. I think for me...I have to think of alcohol as poison. I focus on what it does to destroy both physical and mental sides. I think the first 3 days are brutal if you have been drinking daily...was for me. I also found that if I eat it fends off cravings to drink. So I do like maybe six small meals a day. Even if it is fruit. Please don't give up. We can beat this.
I love this idea. Snacking helps me a lot too =]
Old 03-13-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

If you've had seizures before I would highly suggest going to a medical center to detox. It's too high of a risk and your medical records are protected by HIPAA laws. At least you have a friend there to call 911 if you do need EMS.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

You can do this!! I had several relapses before finally managing to get sobriety to stick this past time.

Tonight it really sounds like a trip to the ER is needed. There is nothing to be ashamed of, you are reaching out for help and that is brave. They can get you through those first days of withdrawals safely, and then help you come up with a plan.

Read, post, and reach out. You can do this!!! So glad you are here today.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

support
Old 03-13-2017, 11:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wildflower - welcome back

if you're worried about withdrawal please do see a Dr - it really is the safest way.

I'm really big on recovery plans...

I think it's vital to have some idea of how to deal with the various traps, triggers and temptations nearly everyone faces when they're trying to get sober

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-14-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

How are you doing wildflower?