# 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
'grats on your milestone flawed

D
Congrats from me too!
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BadgerFan View Post
I'm feeling so discouraged right now. I've been very selective in who I've told of my decision to give up drinking and no one seems to believe me. My sister just laughed when I told her and my brother thinks "it's only temporary". One of my closest friends (who's 10 years sober) didn't seem earnest in his reaction either. I guess I've been drinking heavily for so long that no one must believe that I could just stop, especially without being in treatment. It's very disheartening when the very people who are supposed to be my support system think I'm just blowing smoke up their ass. I'm going to prove them all wrong and push forward with or without their support. It just makes me sad.
Have you told them the extent of your drinking? No-one really knows for me, prove them wrong and yes I am seeing now that noone really understands unless they have the 'disease'. Good luck x
Old 03-12-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You really have to be headstrong to give up Any Drug, & Really want it. Be willing to change your routines & habits.
Withdrawal from alcohol is a couple of weeks of feeling like complete ****, but once over that hump if you do things like Eat right, Sleep right, Exercise, Then you're natural "feel good" chemicals in your brain will begin to flow correctly again & you'll find comfort in life with out Alcohol or any drugs. Just have to make a plan, be a man & stick with it, & then take it (1 day at a time)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You really have to be headstrong to give up Any Drug, & Really want it. Be willing to change your routines & habits.
Withdrawal from alcohol is a couple of weeks of feeling like complete ****, but once over that hump if you do things like Eat right, Sleep right, Exercise, Then you're natural "feel good" chemicals in your brain will begin to flow correctly again & you'll find comfort in life with out Alcohol or any drugs. Just have to make a plan, be a man & stick with it, & then take it (1 day at a time)
Old 03-12-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good job Badgerfan posting here instead of using the situation as an excuse. I have over a year now and I still have doubters. I just pray for them to be as happy as I want to be. I remind myself that they never got me drunk through the years (they got drunk with me many times) therefore they can't get me sober. I heard a gem the other day at a meeting, "what other people think of me is none of my business."

Good luck badger fan and many prayers.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat my friend. To be honest I'm not sure I can do it myself. The hardest thing is none of my close friends or family understand just exactly how much of a hold alcohol has over me. All I can day you is this. YOU CAN DO IT, and don't let anyone else's opinions ,assumptions or negative attitudes tell you otherwise.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Desperate For Sobriety

I'm extremely grateful to all of you who have reached out to offer your support and advice. I can't tell you how much it means right now. I'm going to make this work and I appreciate all of you for helping me stay focused and strong. Finding this community has been a blessing.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm extremely grateful to all of you who have reached out to offer your support and advice. I can't tell you how much it means right now. I'm going to make this work and I appreciate all of you for helping me stay focused and strong. Finding this community has been a blessing.
Stick with us BadgerFan...we believe in you!
Old 03-13-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yeah i haven't​ told anyone as i don't think they realise how booze has really come to affect my life. They just see the problem i have. I also don't wanna turn it into a bigger issue than a it needs to be. I'm just given up a form of poison that's all, just taking each day as it comes and enjoy it.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm going to prove them all wrong and push forward with or without their support. It just makes me sad.
There ya go!! Set your face like flint and take it forward. You can do this.