Notices

Losing weight in sobriety

Old 03-18-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I started at 195 and i am down to 155. Goal weight reached. I went strict on healthy eating and exercise. I do only cardio. About 2 to 4 miles per session. The exercise keeps me out of the craving for alcohol. Now I plan on switching into "maintenance" mode so I'll be watching my weight checking the scale a couple of times a week while I keep exercising but not worry about counting calories as much. It's all about good habits. After 5 Months of being healthy, I look forward to it now even more than I use to look forward to getting drunk. Not a very difficult choice. Hang over or wake up feeling great? I can't believe I would drink about 1000 to 1500 alcohol calories a day totally sabotaging my health and weight loss efforts. Smh
Old 03-18-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I first quit I ate a lot of junk...basically let myself have anything besides booze! I'm trying to lose a little weight now by eating better and exercise. I think it's a great idea to talk to the dr. Like others have said I would think you should be losing weight.

Congrats on your sobriety and taking even more steps to a healthier life!!