SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Its times like these..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/405227-its-times-like-these.html)

steve-in-kville 02-22-2017 05:35 PM

Its times like these.....

..... that test our sobriety.

My nerves are shot. Its like the entire world is standing in line to p!ss me off today. Money issues, child issues, lack of communication with spouse issues. Even my issues seem to have issues.

I'm ready for bed.

Dee74 02-22-2017 05:39 PM

Some days are diamonds and some days are stone Steve :)

as long as we get through them sober there's every chance tomorrow will be better :)

D

Hevyn 02-22-2017 05:45 PM

I'm sorry you've had a rough one, Steve. I used to think drinking helped me cope & saw me through struggles. In truth, it did nothing but cause me to be even more resentful & anxious. It's in the looking back that I see it now. Glad you posted - it helps to not feel alone.

bluedog97 02-22-2017 06:37 PM

My issues have issues too Steve. The world just keeps testing me.

Right now just focusing on staying sober today.

HopeandFaith1 02-22-2017 06:44 PM

Just think, if you drink you can have issues on top of issues! That's what keeps be sober, because I KNOW it can always get worse! I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you :)

AlaskaGirl 02-22-2017 06:55 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had a lousy day, topped off with a lot of stress at work right before I got off. I feel so high strung I'm vibrating. My AV is screaming for the numbing effect of a drink. So I logged on here. Your post was the first one I saw. It helps me to know I'm not alone. Let's go to bed early, tomorrow's a new day, right?

stargazer016 02-22-2017 06:57 PM

Good job playing the tape through and not drinking Steve!

FBL 02-23-2017 04:01 AM

Hang in there, Steve! In recovery, we take the good with the bad.

zjw 02-23-2017 06:52 AM

i feel ya bud. going through some of the same myself. and in my case to top it off depressed for no reason at all.

"even my issues have issues"

reminds me when i had blisters and new blisters forming under them at the same time on my feet.

my best advice is to just push on through all this is transient things come and go rise and fall etc... this too shall pass.

i need to take some of my own advice today tho as well lol.

hang in there.

PhoenixJ 02-23-2017 07:20 AM

sleep peacefully

ScottFromWI 02-23-2017 08:44 AM

Hope today is a better day Steve.

steve-in-kville 02-23-2017 04:52 PM

Thanks for the kind words! Today went better. I slept pretty good last night and I think that helps. It seems that as long as I eat something every few hours, the mood swings are not as bad. I was in a pretty deep rut yesterday, that's for sure.

August252015 02-23-2017 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville (Post 6343227)
..... that test our sobriety.

My nerves are shot. Its like the entire world is standing in line to p!ss me off today. Money issues, child issues, lack of communication with spouse issues. Even my issues seem to have issues.

I'm ready for bed.

And that is exactly when I send myself to bed. I've gone to bed at 7p some nights, not because I wanted to drink but bc I was just OVER IT.

I still use this trick- or a milder version, a nap- here at 367 days. Very handy and usually enables me to get some amount of respite and breathing room til I get up to fight on....

Take care of yourself. Hope you can sleep (I am not oppose to sleep aids, myself ;) ).

NYCDoglvr 02-24-2017 11:43 AM

Nothing ever gets so bad a drink won't make it worse.

KAD 02-24-2017 12:17 PM

Great... now I've got that Foo Fighters song in my head... :)

We all have those days. Nothing I can add that others haven't already said. Good for you for getting through it and not making things worse by adding booze to the mix.