Notices

Happy B-day to Meeeeeeeeeee!

Old 02-10-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Such a lovely thing to celebrate!

I send an imaginary piece of really yummy home baked cheesecake! (Wow, the imaginary kind is way easier to make!)

I can feel the pride & excitement that are coursing through your words & your body!

Congratulations! This day represents a tremendous amount of work, fully met.

& I'm honored that you chose to share it with us! This particular crowd definitely knows just how magnificent & important it actually is...

Happy chosen-birthday! Glad you birthed yourself back into life 25 years ago. You are needed on this shared planet!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ps. My favorite part of every meeting - ever - is where someone reads the promises & then the whole group says "we think not" aloud & together & casually after the "are these extravagant promises?" part. It sends a chill down my spine. It feels very powerful. Shared intention & mantra...
Old 02-10-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on a quarter of a century!!!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heartcore View Post
. . . I send an imaginary piece of really yummy home baked cheesecake! (Wow, the imaginary kind is way easier to make!) . . .
Another great thing about imaginary cheesecake is that I can eat the entire thing in one sitting and it won't go straight to my hips like everything else does!

I really like that the promises are read at every meeting [that I attend any way] It didn't used to be like that. Yes, "We think not" in unison feels pretty powerful! But my favorite part of a meeting has always been holding hands at the end. Really lets me know that I am not alone any more.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Friday, Feb. 10
The saga of the ego-driven month-long XXV b-day binge continues!

My non-AA friend took me out for a Chinese buffet. OMG. Great food and even better companionship. I told her how much I love and appreciate her - even tho she is a normie. She gave me a very confused look and I had to explain that's what "we" call non-alcoholics. For some reason, I really thought they knew that . . .

When we were finally done stuffing ourselves, we opened our fortune cookies.
THIS is mine.

I got a commercial?! REALLY?!?!?

Neither one of us can decide exactly how to take this . . . any thoughts?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Confucius say "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."
Old 02-11-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Has anyone told you lately...

...You're AWESOME!!!

Old 02-12-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

congrats!
and ya never have to do them first 25 years again!
the 26th year is the toughest.ugh:
Old 02-12-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

...Belting out HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....and many more!!!

What a feat! <3
Old 02-12-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wonderful news darkling! You totally deserve a the ego binge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170212_223703.jpg (32.8 KB, 96 views)
Old 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Tuesday, Feb. 14
The saga of the ego-driven month-long XXV b-day binge continues!

Went to my usual Tuesday night meeting and passed my chip around. Invited everyone to the meeting tomorrow where I'll "officially" get my chip. Not sure if any of them will come, but that's ok. One of the friend's who's been plotting stuff has also been telling everyone at every meeting he goes to that they should come to tomorrow's meeting. LOL

Tomorrow's the Big Night!

It's my home group and is always my favorite meeting any way. If nothing else, I get homemade chocolate chip cookies!

[I'm really hurt and angry that my son won't come. He thinks this is all a trick to get him to go to a meeting. SMFH. Yes Kiddo, 25 years ago, I knew you'd be an addict and the only reason I stayed clean/sober was to trick you into going to a meeting, in the guise of celebrating . . . oh wait . . . he does not have a problem! My bad.]

By some strange coincidence, tonight's reading was about expectations and acceptance. Some times, I hate stuff like that. [ok, maybe not . . . ]

any way.

My friend's AA b-day is this Thursday. Also 25 years! Friday is also our usual meeting and a bunch of us are going out to dinner before the meeting. [She's even gonna treat me cuz she knows I'm flat broke.] Then we'll have cake after the meeting.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the meeting & the celebrations Darkling

Sorry about your son but I hope he'll follow in Mom's footsteps one day

D
Old 02-15-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by darkling View Post
[I'm really hurt and angry that my son won't come. He thinks this is all a trick to get him to go to a meeting. SMFH. Yes Kiddo, 25 years ago, I knew you'd be an addict and the only reason I stayed clean/sober was to trick you into going to a meeting, in the guise of celebrating . . . oh wait . . . he does not have a problem! My bad.]

By some strange coincidence, tonight's reading was about expectations and acceptance. Some times, I hate stuff like that. [ok, maybe not . . . ][/I]
You have some scary skills (maybe you're your son's HP) to plan this devious plan 25 years in the making. What a god shot from the readings. Congratulations on 25 years of 24 hours continuous sobriety. Enjoy the cookies, cakes, and celebrations.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Done4today: Yeah. Guess I'm really that powerful after all, eh?
~~~

Woke up, all excited about chocolate chip cookies tonight.
Then checked my phone and had a text from Kiddo. Seems he can't come cuz he can't take off work early. He only had 2 months notice . . . Did I mention he's fairly high-up management?

Not proud to admit that I just totally LOST IT and really went off on him.
I grew up in an alcoholic family. I've spent 25 years hanging out with alcoholics. I've heard alot of quacking over the years. But this wins the Life-time Achievement Award for deepest bullsh!t ever. Really quite the accomplishment.

In my sobriety, there is only one other person that I have smacked down harder than I just did to my son.

Yeah, I guess my expectations were too high. That's kinda why this hurts so much. I didn't think I was being unreasonable.

I'm trying not to cry cuz I don't want my eyes to be all puffy and red tonight. But I'm prob'y gonna lose it when the first person asks where my son is any way. That'll teach me for bragging that he'd be there.

I don't even want to go tonight.

and yeah, I'm feeling pretty fn sorry for myself.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Done4today: Yeah. Guess I'm really that powerful after all, eh?
~~~

Woke up, all excited about chocolate chip cookies tonight.
Then checked my phone and had a text from Kiddo. Seems he can't come cuz he can't take off work early. He only had 2 months notice . . . Did I mention he's fairly high-up management?

Not proud to admit that I just totally LOST IT and really went off on him.
I grew up in an alcoholic family. I've spent 25 years hanging out with alcoholics. I've heard alot of quacking over the years. But this wins the Life-time Achievement Award for deepest bullsh!t ever. Really quite the accomplishment.

In my sobriety, there is only one other person that I have smacked down harder than I just did to my son.

Yeah, I guess my expectations were too high. That's kinda why this hurts so much. I didn't think I was being unreasonable.

I'm trying not to cry cuz I don't want my eyes to be all puffy and red tonight. But I'm prob'y gonna lose it when the first person asks where my son is any way. That'll teach me for bragging that he'd be there.

I don't even want to go tonight.

and yeah, I'm feeling pretty fn sorry for myself.

But . . .

Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Today is about Darkling and her 25 years. Nothing or no one can take this day away from you. Very understandable that you're disappointed but you saw it coming. As you know, we can't make anyone do anything. What you need is to go to the meeting more than ever before. Just remember all your SR brothers, sisters, sons and daughters will be there with you. Congratulations!!!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Today is about Darkling and her 25 years. . . .
Thank you Steve! I know you're right. I know I'd say the same thing to someone else in this position. I know all of this sh . . . stuff. But I just can't feel it right now. I had myself convinced that the longer he didn't actually say NO, the greater the chance he was gonna say yes.

There's no way in hell that I actually not go to this meeting. Cuz yeah, I need a meeting and cuz so many friends will be there.
[and then there's the chocolate chip cookies baked in my honor.]

It's been a really long time since I showed up a a meeting with red, swollen eyes and I really don't want to cry in front of everyone tonight. But I've done alot of both in meetings over the years. It hasn't killed me yet.

I just really didn't think that it was an unreasonable expectation that my husband of 24 years remember and that my son would come see me get my chip. I just wanted/needed their recognition.

I really need to stop doing my own thinking.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sober hero !!!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

How did it go Darkling?