Notices

Can Anyone Relate?

Old 01-30-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I can relate to absurdly petty things having bothered me at times, yes. It' s our human frailty and to different degrees we are all guilty of this.

Recognizing these resentments as absurdly petty is a pretty good launching point for change, imo. Discovery of the why these things are bothersome was a key for me in addressing my past resentments.

I am still guilty of #6 at times........self centerdness isn't simply an alcoholic trait, but is pretty common - drinking to extreme is about as self centered as it gets.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was buying some herbal tea this morning and the young lad at the checkout had to update my details as I moved house. I could sense the man behind me getting very impatient and in the end he slammed his stuff down and shouted at me and the boy that he was in pain and can't wait all day and stormed off. He might not be a drinker but he looked like one ( purple face, nose like a satsuma).
It upset me mainly because of the look on the boys face he seemed really upset.
I was far more irritated by people when I was drinking. Although my boss makes my eye twitch when she eats cottage cheese with her mouth open....
Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Therapy would help.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Excessive use of the F word.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Google Misophonia and have a read.
Let me know what you think yep?
Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

^ ^ ^ hmmmmmm . . . . . . interesting! ^ ^ ^
Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I was buying some herbal tea this morning and the young lad at the checkout had to update my details as I moved house. I could sense the man behind me getting very impatient and in the end he slammed his stuff down and shouted at me and the boy that he was in pain and can't wait all day and stormed off. He might not be a drinker but he looked like one ( purple face, nose like a satsuma).
It upset me mainly because of the look on the boys face he seemed really upset.
I was far more irritated by people when I was drinking. Although my boss makes my eye twitch when she eats cottage cheese with her mouth open....
I do not understand how anyone could be impatient with someone who uses the word LAD. Our cousins from across the pond have charming in spades LOL! And I am not trying to be condescending in the slightest so please do not take it that way. Bless!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
I have before and it sounds too familiar so I stopped looking into it! I wish I could explain what it feels like. Repetive annoying noises elicit like an ear ringing sensation. I hope I do not have that. I know it sounds like I am an old man taking baseballs that fall into my yard but nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

have you tried ear plugs?
you can get different ones that are quite clever.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I was out for dinner this last weekend with a lot of family members. One in particular drinks way, way too much red wine. This person complained drunkenly about everything from the waitress service to the cut of the steak to the taste of the cheese blah, blah, blah. As I was only drinking soda and lime it hit me just how obnoxious, rude, self opinionated and rude we can become when drinking, without realising it. For a change I was with the 'tutters and whisperers' at the table and do you know what......it felt great.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Grateful

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
My nephew has this. It's bad enough that my sister has to put her phone on vibrate because the ringtones on her phone set him off.