SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   rough week.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/403933-rough-week.html)

BullDog777 01-26-2017 12:42 AM

rough week....

my father collapsed on the floor of his bathroom when my family was over for my moms birthday on sunday. My wife found him unconscious and i called 911. I stayed with him in the hospital until they determined it was extreme fatigue. He's almost 80 and is still acting like hes 35. The man needs to slow down.

then i find out my wife's govt job might be cut as a result of the new administration.

My sister inlaw just found out she has breast cancer.

I'm not sleeping, i'm finding things are hard to focus on. I don't even want to paint right now.

I don't want to drink. I'm just having a hard time processing these feelings right now.

my first sponsor once told me "as long as you don't drink, eerything else is subject to change.

I need to put this in God's hands and just keep showing up. I have no business carrying around any of this waiting for my alcoholic mind to start obsessing . I simply need to walk away from it and move on.

Live to do the next right thing.

that's all i have.

Dee74 01-26-2017 12:54 AM

Prayers and best wishes out to you and your family Jeff.

D

Michael66 01-26-2017 01:58 AM

That is a rough week BullDog. Well done for living through it sober. I hope things settle down with your father quickly, and that your sister-in-law gets started on the treatment she needs without too much delay.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

Done4today 01-26-2017 02:28 AM

Many prayers BullDog!

FBL 01-26-2017 02:39 AM

Hang in there Bulldog! We need to stay focused, through the good times and bad.

NYCDoglvr 01-26-2017 05:27 AM

What a painful week, my heart goes out to you. What I've found in two decades of sobriety was that nothing ever got so bad and drink wouldn't make it worse. Be grateful that you're able to be there for others who need you now.... big hug.

manama 01-26-2017 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by BullDog777 (Post 6307641)

I need to put this in God's hands and just keep showing up. I have no business carrying around any of this waiting for my alcoholic mind to start obsessing . I simply need to walk away from it and move on.

Live to do the next right thing.

that's all i have.

Live to make someone smile. Every smile you get will lift your spirits and tip the scales in your favor.
Can you imagine the best possible outcome for every situation you describe?
Offering my intentions that you will see the best possible outcome.

Ariesagain 01-26-2017 06:00 AM

Sending you a hug.

entropy1964 01-26-2017 06:10 AM

I need to put this in God's hands and just keep showing up. I have no business carrying around any of this waiting for my alcoholic mind to start obsessing .

And be so grateful that you have the recovery to be able to make the above statement. You're absolutely right.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I'll keep you in my prayers.

August252015 01-26-2017 06:24 AM

Thoughts and prayers with you. I have had some of the same things happen in sobriety and that part makes me grateful.

One day at a time, one problem at a time....take care of yourself as you are helping others.