Notices

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. PAWS

Old 01-31-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

The only way to get over social anxiety is through exposure. I just signed up for a home party business, I won't say which one but it is not one of those "adult" ones lol But I'm doing it because it will force me out of my comfort zone and help me learn to be very comfortable in social settings (or it won't and I lose my downline but I can at least say I tried something new lol)

I find social interaction less forced (may seem counterintuitive to some) if I am in a clear defined role. I'm a caregiver or I'm hosting the get-together, I have tasks I have to do and I have to do them WITH others, and I have built in conversation topics, you know? So in class especially before and after and during breaks I get to socialize. I want to start going to a women's Bible study.. or the Thursday night 12 step meeting I've been wanting to go to, just women.. I need female friends but I need built in things we have in common to talk about.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Quick Check in. 54 days A/Free (14 days smoke free - that's 2 weeks lol) still have residual alcohol detoxing effects/symptoms but getting better each day, brisk walking each evening as much as I can do!!, 15-20 minutes but consistent every evening, eating well, no junk food, taking "B" multivitamins, going to bed earlier. Hope everyone well