Notices

Alcoholic Insanity!

Old 01-18-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic Insanity!

How I am still alive is unknown to me but although Im ill I needed to post this for the sake of anyone else contemplating the thought!

Ive been doing great and in recovery for the past month and a former lover and companion drinker who has since moved to another state in the U.S. 4 hrs away called desperate and revealed they are now addicted to another substance and facing jail time and homelessness.

My heart sank as I love this person and was elated for their recovery. All I want to do is help. My work proffession allows the help and the stress got to me last night. In the middle of the night my anxiety was out of control and I was desperate pacing for relief. No alcohol in the house and I dont smoke or have ever used any drugs. ...

Like an addict, i googled what I could use from household products. Its pretty terrifying shat can be substituted to get the alcohol buzz. PLEASE DONT!! Try anything like this!

Im not a doctor and Im not posting what I did but run and get the thought out! Its better to be in a detox for a few days than use "home"remedies. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!
Old 01-18-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The nursing student in me couldn't resist. Strictly intellectual curiosity. You're right, surprising.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I don't think you can surprise too many of us by what you did.

I hope you can find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety, because it is bound to strike again.

Sorry about your dear friend. I understand the desire to help, but please, focus on your own recovery.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scary stuff my friends. Scary stuff. Thank you for sharing soberchicnj.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberChicNJ View Post
How I am still alive is unknown to me but although Im ill I needed to post this for the sake of anyone else contemplating the thought!

Ive been doing great and in recovery for the past month and a former lover and companion drinker who has since moved to another state in the U.S. 4 hrs away called desperate and revealed they are now addicted to another substance and facing jail time and homelessness.

My heart sank as I love this person and was elated for their recovery. All I want to do is help. My work proffession allows the help and the stress got to me last night. In the middle of the night my anxiety was out of control and I was desperate pacing for relief. No alcohol in the house and I dont smoke or have ever used any drugs. ...

Like an addict, i googled what I could use from household products. Its pretty terrifying shat can be substituted to get the alcohol buzz. PLEASE DONT!! Try anything like this!

Im not a doctor and Im not posting what I did but run and get the thought out! Its better to be in a detox for a few days than use "home"remedies. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!
In my lowest moments, when the alcohol buzz no longer sufficed, I too searched for information on what other products could provide a high. I never actually went through with it, thank goodness, because when I realized what I was about to do, I somehow saw through all the haze just how dire the situation had become.

I can't even express how glad I am to not feel that desperation any longer.

ABW1
Old 01-18-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are here today to make this post. I'm sorry about your friend, hopefully they will also find a path to recovery.

Have you spent any time reading around on SR about the different supports people use to get sober? If not, that would be a great first step.

You can do this.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your friend and for your sadness and anxiety. I'm also glad you didn't follow through with any bad ideas.

I agree with Delilah - maybe this is a reminder that you need to bolster your recovery plan a little more?

D
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your friend SC