Notices

6 months since my 1st DUI

Old 01-08-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 6 months since my 1st DUI

Hey everyone, I wanted to give an update of my situation. It’s been 6 months since I got my 1st DUI. In that time I’ve had 3 jobs, 1 of them I lost due to being hit by a car about 3 months ago.

Things have been going okay, I enrolled in college last week, I’m currently in the process of sorting things out with financial aid, I had to write a suspension appeal due to a low GPA score, so I’m waiting for that to work itself out. I’m planning on taking online classes and majoring in nursing.

I’m a few weeks away from graduating from my drinking classes, finally. My thoughts on the class, it was okay. I really liked my instructor, she wasn’t too preachy or holier than thou, she was really down to earth and realistic. She’s the only reason I felt comfortable going. It was a behavioral class so some people were there for DSS(to get custody for their kids), ADSAP(drug and alcohol classes) and others were self-referral.

Some people took the class seriously, others were still actively using and lying about it. 1 guy was arrested for selling drugs, another asked me to sell him my pain medication. There’s one guy who’s very outgoing and likeable, but one of my friends from the group told me he told her he still sells drugs, and owes his dealer a lot of money, he even sold drugs to another guy in the group. And he’s getting ready to graduate with us, it’s crazy. It’s no wonder he always seems so happy in group, he doesn’t have to deal with any consequences.

I’ve been sober for 108 days, I consider myself very lucky in regards to the DUI . I didn’t hurt anyone and I wasn’t hurt. I got it in my mom's van, thankfully I didn't crash it or damage it. I didn't get a lawyer, The cops and the judge agreed to give me time served instead of doing any time, community service or paying any fines because they saw I was already enrolled in drinking classes before my conviction. I had 6 more months added to my suspension for refusing to blow, but maybe that was the only smart thing I did. In this state if you blow over a .15 you have to get an interlock for 6 months. I’m pretty sure I would of probably blown a .20 or over. An interlock would be very pricey and not idea.

I have 6 months left on my suspension and I’m planning on calling a few places to see who’s hiring since hiring season should be starting back up. Wish me luck.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck. Glad things are working your way. Keep going.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're making good progress. Best of luck.