Notices

Yoga & Beer?!

Old 01-08-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I think 'western' yoga is completely/totally different than what is practiced by yogis in India. We have 'commercialized' yoga to a point where there is just no comparison. The idea of using the body to channel God would pretty much baffle the blond, chiseled ladies at my hot yoga class. But that's cool, its fun and a great work out.
Yeah it's too bad how westernized things like yoga, meditation, and mindfulness are getting. I wish they'd at least change the name.

We have a dharma center where they use asanas during meditation to help channel the divine. Its cool.
That I'd be into. Would you mind sharing the asanas used to help channel the divine? I could use those.

Have you ever heard of Y12SR? Its very cool. No beer
No, I've never heard of that but I'll see if it's available around here.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevieg46 View Post
Hi C3 first thing to accept is we are surrounded by alcohol and drugs and food .
Hi Stevie! I think I need to add this to my morning reading or something because I thought I accepted it but I really haven't.... Thanks for that. :-)

I hear you a lot about this ''high bottom drunk '' if you read the past couple of days Big Book Study ''more about Alcoholism '' especially Fred , he was in an asylum twice with alcoholism '' he only felt the nip of the wringer ''before being ''mangled '' he is termed ''high bottom '' he never lost anything materially or family . I have never been in an asylum once with alcoholism .
You know I must've read the story about Fred a thousand times but I hadn't realized he was "high bottom".

Acceptance is for us to change. lol.
Lol why can't others change so I'm comfortable?
Old 01-08-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Yoga and beer go together like peanut butter and proper accounting practices.
Good one!

Pop culture pisses me off all the time
Being/getting irritated at such things isn't a sign of where I am in my recovery, ending my recovery and drinking again is the sign.
Yup good reminder. Pop culture doesn't always p#ss me off but when it starts to, that's when I have to pause and ask am I working on my recovery or am I working on a relapse.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Last edited by Centered3; 01-08-2017 at 07:15 AM. Reason: duplicate