Notices

Alcoholism is no joke ..

Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is no joke ..

Long time since I've posted . The last time i was on here I had a month sober then went to a concert that I shouldn't have gone to which a lot of you warned me not to. But since then this is the first time I been on so you know what that means...been drinking non stop. Might be a little TMI but when I drink now the next day I get very bad bowel problems..and today was the worse of it . I went to the bathroom so many times I was in way to much pain could barely walk. And all because of drinking ..but I'm back and ready to stop again for the millionth time. Its a new year I want it to be a good one not like the past years that have all been miserable.

I also haven't been taking care of myself that much . just drinking working and half assing everything else . smoking like a chimney and feeling horrible . just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

So today's the dreadful day 1.

Wish you all a happy new year !
Old 12-31-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Welcome back. I went to a concert last night. I've been to a few over the years. They have never made me drink. I drank because I couldn't not drink. I seemed to have lost the power of choice in drink. Even when I swore off, at certain times my mental capacity to keep myself sober failed completely. I forgot that I had sworn off, o forgot all the good reasons why I shouldn't drink. They just never came to mind.

What I had to do in the end was find an effective defence, one that could be 100% relied upon 24/7, and I found that by adopting the AA way of life.

The people there were a great help, but even they couldn't be relied on 24/7. Instead they showed me how to get hooked up to a power that could do that. Today I have all the power I need to live a useful sober life.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad ya made it back.

soooo, whats the gameplan? whats going to change? gonna take a look at the recovery programs available?

heres a reply from that concert thread:

"......going to be alot of drinking so this will be the real test for my 1 month sobriety. "
the thing with tests is that means theres a pass/fail line.
and MANY people dont get a 2nd chance to take the test again.

alcoholism is a very serious thing- something that wants me to test it. and when i pass the test THIS time, there it is sayin,
" you passed that time. cmon, take the test again. i know youll pass again."
last time i took the test again, i failed,added crack to the equation, went for a few more years of gloom,dispair, and agony, and dam near killed myself- as in suicide.

im thinkin one of your actions should be no more tests.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back FMS. I hope you can make this time different than rhe others. That will mean you have to do things differently this time too...have you given any thought as to what that might entail? For starters yon might want to consider seeing a doctor, get the GI and other basic Heath issues checked out.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!

Here's to a sober 2017!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FMS, I'd take the advice and get a physical. The liver is forgiving to a point, the signs are pretty silent or seemingly random until they are not, and real illness sets in . You can reheal if you can catch it. If you've dodged a bullet and liver is still good you're smart enough to stop. Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EndGame

You cannot go on doing this. And if you do, at some point it will no longer be your choice.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome back! If ya make it stick this time, there will never be another "dreaded" Day 1.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back. It's a new year and you can make that apply to the calendar as well as to sobriety and a new life.

Hope to see you stay around.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Phew. Glad you're back. Hopefully you've learnt some valuable lessons and this will be your last ever day 1.

What have you added to your plan to make sure this time sticks?

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 01-01-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back. This is my day one too. We can do this!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I haven't made a plan just yet I have a lot of things jogged down in a notebook from my last sobriety stint...going to go threw it and make some changes because it obviously didn't work.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Quit now before it kills you. I can't make it any more simple than that. Welcome back man.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm back and ready to stop again for the millionth time.

Obviously, you need to something drastically different this time to pull this off.

Have you thought about AA?

I put AA off for years, then after I went to a meeting I was mad at myself thinking, "I should have done that years ago."
Old 01-01-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foryoumyson View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I haven't made a plan just yet I have a lot of things jogged down in a notebook from my last sobriety stint...going to go threw it and make some changes because it obviously didn't work.
Yep. That's how we learn. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater though. There could be some good things in there that can stay but just need reinforcing with a few extra bits.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html
Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

There is a concept that I learned here (or AA?) of "planning your own relapse" that makes so much sense. If you think that doing something is going to make you start drinking again then avoid that thing by any means necessary!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I bought a book on kindle black out remembering the things I drank to forget. So far it's a good book. When i first quit for the 30 days I bought a book then to i think it was called drinking a love story not sure but it deffiently helped me in that time of sobriety . it was a good day today me and the family went to see disney on ice they put on a real good show. I was surprised that people were drinking at an event like that .

But anyways I'm going all out this time . no more drinking .i want this year to be a brand new begening! Thank god for this 3 day weekend too really needed the extra day . time just goes by so fast especially when your on another world most of the time.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this is the year you can turn things around FYMS.

Don't 'think' too long about the plan - read the link berrybean posted and kick off from there. Thinking is good but actions, way better

Make some changes, find some support.- leave your old life behind

D
Old 01-01-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you for reposting the plan link. Much appreciated.