Notices

Today...

Old 12-30-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today...

Dr. gave me Trazodone to help me sleep. Didn't do a damn thing and now I feel like a walking zombie. Pretty anxious today too. Not too much. It's bearable. Just hate feeling this way. The rollercoaster of early sobriety is a sonemabitch. One minute you're fine, the next your heart is racing out of your chest.
Currently 196 hours since my last drink. 87 hours benzo free
Old 12-30-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Insomnia is a maddening thing. It's not want you want to hear, but you may take a while before you can go back to sleeping regular. Eventually mind and body will start to heal. Just stick with it!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great have you tried sleep meditation ?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am right there with you. Your body will sleep eventually. Exercise before bed, or during the day will help tire your body out. Hang in there, this too shall pass.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Your doing great have you tried sleep meditation ?
I have. I took 100mg at 2200 and by 0130 I was still up. I even turned off all electronics. I think I may have passed out around 0200ish, but I was awake by 0600
Old 12-30-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've never slept well and tried Trazodone once a few years ago. It had the opposite affect on me. I was wired at night and zombie like during the day. I threw it away after a few days. Sometimes I'll take melatonin but, most of the time I just deal with what sleep I can get.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going with hydroxyzine, gaba, melatonin and theanine with some sleepy time tea tonight
Old 12-30-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sleepy time tea is good, I love the vanilla.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My one friend in recovery, who had a recent relapse, now takes hydroxyzine for sleep.. it is an antihistamine, but it's given to people going through alcohol withdrawal as an anti-anxietal and sleep aide.

edit: oops I see that above.. happy you are trying it, I know how hard it can be to sleep during this time and that sleep deprivation can make you desperate and crazy and make you relapse
Old 12-30-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd hesitate to mix so many things together Mester without consulting your doc. You said you had almost 8 hours of sleep the other night, that's pretty amazing so early on. You have to give your body and mind time to heal.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have no intention of relapsing. Sleep be damned. I don't remember being this bad my first time around and I drank everyday for 6 years and that last year so heavy it's a miracle I'm still walking this earth. I only started drinking heavy again this time for a couple of months and only on my days off. Kindling is a sonemabitch. I got 8.5 hours of work to put in tomorrow and then I don't have to be back to work again till the 8th. Going to spend it in the gym getting all this nervous energy out, getting the diet back on point.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mester, you and I both initially misread Soberwolf's question, which is regarding sleep meditation, not medication
Old 12-30-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
Mester, you and I both initially misread Soberwolf's question, which is regarding sleep meditation, not medication
I have also used sleep meditation. I've used the Brainwaves app which has worked in the past and I used it when I took the Trazodone last night too. I used it when I got that 8 hours of sleep the other night. I tried using the app in my first few days of sobriety and it annoyed the $h!+ out of me.
Tea has been made and is steeping. Took some magnesium with taurine. Hydroxyzine with melatonin and theanine in about an hour. I'm going to skip the Gaba
Old 12-31-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My concoction worked. Sleep! I even stayed awake to see Rousey and her glass jaw get pummeled. I'm just waking up now. About 8 hours after going to bed. I'm going to stick with it. Happy New Year SR
Old 12-31-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

I wasn't expecting that with Rousey 48 seconds I know Nunes is good but sheesh I feel bad for Rhonda
Old 12-31-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This post really helped me. I got a prescription for trazodone last year but didn't take due to eventually relapsing. I'm on day 3 and read this so instead of using it I took two Benadryl and melatonin and was able to get some though not perfect sleep.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sonkien View Post
This post really helped me. I got a prescription for trazodone last year but didn't take due to eventually relapsing. I'm on day 3 and read this so instead of using it I took two Benadryl and melatonin and was able to get some though not perfect sleep.
Glad I could help. That's what we're here for