SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   New Years Plan (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/402602-new-years-plan.html)

CLAS 12-30-2016 03:21 AM

New Years Plan

I'm the designated driver, taking my wife to a nice dinner. She'll have a glass or two of wine maximum and that will be a "big night" for her. Going to ride motorcycles Saturday and Sunday (off road). Looking forward to waking up clean and hangover free. Happy New Year everybody.

PhoenixJ 12-30-2016 03:37 AM

Hello Clas - sounds good. I am spending this NYE (tomorrow night here- 2200 Friday now) alone. The first ever without a family since birth and the first ever without alcohol as an adult. In the final stages of a transit'l recovery program(6 months)- 11m sober. So my NYE is stay quiet, safe and take no risks. The recovery staff are organising a trivia night- so will force myself to go. Get some naughty food, strong coffee and watch doco's. Also spending lots of time on SR. Hope your w/end is happy, peaceful, sober and selfie memorable. PJ

ScottFromWI 12-30-2016 05:30 AM

Sounds like a good plan CLAS, enjoy your weekend!

SoCalDude 12-30-2016 05:40 AM

I'm going to build a fire and watch some funny movies with the family. We have a three section mini-crock pot, one will be bacon wrapped lil smokies, another will be BBQ meatballs, and the last will be spinach and artichoke dip. We just snack on it all day pretty much. Then new years day we'll have pork and sauerkraut in the slow cooker for good luck. It's an Eastern PA tradition.

Stay sober friends! Your life depends on it!

Doug39 12-30-2016 05:55 AM

The last time I was sober on New Years Eve was when 1988 turned to 1989.

Over the last 27 years I was usually passed out drunk before midnight.

I think the last time I was out somewhere and awake at midnight on New Years Eve was when 1999 turned to 2000. Since then I was usually at home passed out or out of town passed out in some hotel room.

This year my wife and I are going out to dinner at an expensive restaurant - and odds are pretty good that I will be asleep at midnight - and sober.

Soberwolf 12-30-2016 06:06 AM

Good plan happy new year brother

finaltime 12-30-2016 10:29 AM

I am thinking I will be spending it alone and I am perfectly okay with that. Watch some movies, in bed by 10. I like normalcy, don't want to drive, and would have to make the plans with others since nobody has invited me to do anything.

All good. I think sobriety and sleep is great!

rubythrill 12-30-2016 12:43 PM

I plan on building a blanket fort with my 3 year old

DontRemember 12-30-2016 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalDude (Post 6267110)
We have a three section mini-crock pot, one will be bacon wrapped lil smokies, another will be BBQ meatballs, and the last will be spinach and artichoke dip.

Damn!! That all sounds soooo good!! Bacon wrapped lil smokies!?!?:c011:

SoulShine8 12-30-2016 01:35 PM

Staying sober with the Cats and Netflixin'
Getting the Kindle fired up for my
2017 Reading Challenges
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...ook-smiley.gif
And probably going to sleep before Midnight
to dream about a Better Year in 2017
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticon...d-emoticon.gif

tomsteve 12-30-2016 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by rubythrill (Post 6267691)

now THAT is a party!!!:You_Rock_

nothing like seein a youngen digging on a blanket fort

STDragon 12-30-2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by rubythrill (Post 6267691)

My kids probably think they are too old for that. Glad I'm not...

Our plans are to pig out on hors d'oeuvres and fortune cookies. My son the bar tender is working at the local convention center. So card games or movies or what ever the girls decide.

Delilah1 12-30-2016 10:56 PM

We have a big family party at my MIL house. The party has both kids and adults, and I will be sticking with the 12 year olds for beverage choices, and driving us home later. We will have several games: pool, trivial pursuit, horse racing, bingo, and karaoke, it will be loud and fun. I am bringing props to set up a photo booth for the kids, and the adults like me who want to be kids!

Lots of yummy appetizers, I am in charge of pigs in a blanket, vege trays and dip, chips and salsa/hummus and cookies. I am looking forward to the stuffed muschrooms my MIL makes, and the wings my SIL makes.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years Eve!!!!

Berrybean 12-31-2016 02:16 AM

I'll be driving over to another AA members NYE party. Judging by the chat at coffee time at last night's meeting it'll be a full house. My partner is coming as well and it's the first time he'll have met most of the people from my area meeting, or been to any AA event. Bet he's gonna be nervous.

Soberwolf 12-31-2016 02:47 AM

We bought prawns and were going to make a prawn ring with other little snacks

Good music from Jools Holland and the fireworks over Westminster on TV

Happy new year everyone

PurpleKnight 12-31-2016 12:44 PM

Sounds like a plan CLAS, Happy New Year!! :)

Dee74 12-31-2016 06:06 PM

Hope you and everyone had a great time CLAS :)

D

STDragon 12-31-2016 06:10 PM

Stuffed full of hors d'oeuvres. Wife is watching hockey, daughter is (what else?) staring at her phone.

In todays funny section, Billy asked his dad "Is it true that when you were little people were smarter than their phones?"

CLAS 12-31-2016 07:26 PM

Well we ended up just staying home and hanging. Watched some Football and Hockey. Drank a bunch of sparkling water and ate everything in sight!