Notices
View Poll Results: Do you ever get queasy if your reminded by your consumption of alcohol
All the time
0%
Sometimes
68.42%
Not at all
31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Do you still get queasy about alcohol ?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Do you still get queasy about alcohol ?

Was just reading a thread that made me feel queasy because it reminded me of consuming alcohol & sometimes i get a sick feeling in my stomach from it

Was just wondering does anyone else get this after a few years sober I kinda like that I get it as it's a vivid reminder of how bad things were
Old 12-28-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was just reading someone's post and took me back to my dark days of being holed up in my house drinking massive amounts of alcohol. Many feelings of regret, shame, and embarrassment came rushing to me. I got an anxious feeling that progressed to queasy wanting to puke feeling. I am glad I got this reaction over the craving trigger that it would have given me a year ago.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes. Not to the point of feeling sick, but it's associated with the most destructive experiences in my life, I think it would be surprising not to have a negative emotional reaction to it.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't get queasy thinking about drinking.

I do however sometimes feel like I should be drinking if I am doing something like watching sports or any activity that I used to enjoy with a beer in my hand.

Yesterday I found myself staring and being interested in an advertisement for whiskey in a Sports Illustrated magazine. For a few seconds I lost myself and forgot I was sober.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

i wont lie on the surface it always sounds like a fantastic idea.

But then I quickly realize all the bad that goes along with it. I was thinking just last night how great it is to be drunk thats only 1 very small aspect of drinking for me. The rest of the aspects of drinking and theres a lot of them are really really bad. It ends up not worth it every single time.

I dont always really feel queesy about it but sometimes i've gotten panic stricken over the idea. sometimes i get depressed about it too. For example I might think hey lets have a drink and that sounds so great then i play the tape and realize how crap it is and then that brings me down. Then move on to some other thought and get happy again.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I think about how I drank mouthwash I gag. I just shivered and felt sick when I even typed that.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
When I think about how I drank mouthwash I gag. I just shivered and felt sick when I even typed that.
whats sick is the sane part of me is like ugg yuk gag but the AV part of me is like hrmmm did it work?

there are some not so good things that i've learned since going to AA or these boards.

for example i'd wake up feelign shaky and awful. I just figured it was all part of the hangover. which it was per say but it was also withdrawels and i've learned from places like this and AA that had i kept on drinking i might have been able to avoid some of that shaky stuff.

This scares me for if i was ever to relapse I could see myself just drinking from sunrise to sunset and a few times in the middle of the night just to keep my nerves calm A stage I was almost getting too when i quit.

That being said I simply cant relapse. it would be far too dangerous.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Ya, I do get 'queezy'. The smell of it makes the sober me sick. The AV (which is very, very, very quiet) still 'hears' the tv commercials that endorse 'a feel good time' and tries to nudge me but, it doesn't work. I tell it "I thought you were dead...get back in that grave where I buried you!"
Old 12-28-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
whats sick is the sane part of me is like ugg yuk gag but the AV part of me is like hrmmm did it work?

there are some not so good things that i've learned since going to AA or these boards.

for example i'd wake up feelign shaky and awful. I just figured it was all part of the hangover. which it was per say but it was also withdrawels and i've learned from places like this and AA that had i kept on drinking i might have been able to avoid some of that shaky stuff.

This scares me for if i was ever to relapse I could see myself just drinking from sunrise to sunset and a few times in the middle of the night just to keep my nerves calm A stage I was almost getting too when i quit.

That being said I simply cant relapse. it would be far too dangerous.
It is crazy how the AV works. I was getting my hair cut last week and I saw the container of BARBICIDE where they keep the combs to disinfect and I thought "I wonder how much alcohol is in that. I wonder if you could drink that?!"

MY GAWD
Old 12-28-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Has anyone ever smelled vanilla extract?
In desperation I would hold a swill under my tongue so it would get into my bloodstream faster. OMG
Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you all for your responses so far
Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nope but I know lots who did try the extract route. My friend drank a bottle on her way to rehab and when she was at the medical office to be cleared she blew something like a .3 and they admitted her to detox for a night and she had to pay out of pocket. She calls that her "$750 dollar bottle of vanilla extract." She's 18 months sober today.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't know if I'm weird for being this way but I don't get queasy or the opposite, crave alcohol, but then, the alcohol, although I am certainly physically addicted, was just a means to an end, which was getting high, escaping anxiety, getting out of reality. I think I would be in as much danger if I had a full bottle of Oxycontin or some heroin in front of me, although I've only ever really used alcohol.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on your friend reaching 18 Months Bunny
Old 01-07-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel terrified when I think about the dangerous situations I put myself and others in. Particularly my friends and family.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I don't get queasy, but my mouth waters for sure. 90 days next week.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nope.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It does make me queasy sometimes.

My mother in law still drinks and the worst is going over there for dinner and being able to smell her glass from across the table. i've had to excuse myself to get some air as i was starting to dry heave from it.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Not really. At this stage my AV is romantacizing alcohol, and trying it's best to convince me to drink.

Thankfully I know better.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's poison. It makes us sick. Over consumption kills us. Just stay away from it and start a new life without it. It's a mindset folks. Just surrender.