Notices

Day 2

Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

It's day 2. I don't feel like the Librium is working. Doc gave me a front load of 50mg and then I popped a 10mg 4 hours after that. Still need to take today's 25mg. But I'm waiting for later so I'm taking it around the same time. Got barely any sleep last night and I when I did, I thought I had a seizure. Turns out it was just an extremely vivid dream. I was in that middle stage of not asleep but not awake either. Anxiety isn't crazy, but it's there. Some tingling in the forehead. I just want it to be day 3. Any tips to help the insomnia? 1-2 hours is not going to cut it
Old 12-23-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 2 Mester. Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do to make the withdrawal symptoms go away, you have to let them take their course. The librium is most likely to keep the really bad side effects in check ( seizures, DT's, etc ) - it's not a magic pill that will make all the symptoms dissapear. Certainly see your doctor again if things get too bad.

For me the really bad insomnia lasted about a week. The first few days i didn't sleep much more than the 1-2 hours you have been experiencing either. Remember you've abused your body and mind for quite some time and it's not used to this - you need to give things time to heal.

Having said all that, remember that withdrawals are always temporary...and the few days of hell will be a small price to pay for the freedom you'll have in the long run.

And of course, above all do NOT drink. You'll start the whole withdrawal cycle over again and each subsequent time can get worse and worse.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 2 Mester sorry about the insomnia that's part of WD it will get better in the meantime try this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ant-sleep.html
Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I mentioned this elsewhere but for me I got several hours on night three. Not deep or good sleep. But sleep. Melatonin helps for sleep and helped actually with some of my shakiness. I also took librium. Consider a B vitamin complex. B vitamins are crazy, they both give energy but promote restful sleep. Keep pounding the fluids. You will be miserable hopefully just a day or two more.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I take the B complex. Took some melatonin and valerian root last night. Going to add some chamomile tea tonight. Hope it helps
Old 12-23-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had really vivid, gruesome nightmares the first few days but then I started sleeping really well.

Just another thing you never have to go through again...hang in there!
Old 12-24-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's it going Mester?

D
Old 12-24-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had the same with insomnia and very vivid dreams, mainly nightmares for the first few days, but it does calm down. Hang in there, you're almost through it.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How's it going Mester?

D
My last drink was nearly 60 hours ago. Anxiety comes and goes. My impatience doesn't help. As soon as the anxiety hits, my impatience of ALL THIS just wanting it to be over revs up the anxiety. Took 10 of today's 25mg at 1500. Holding off for the other 15mg until I think I need it. I just don't think it works. I never had the shakes bad, the sweats or the auditory/ visual hallucinations. Just the anxiousness, insomnia and because of my anxiousness, the inability to sit still. Which causes me to pace until the anxiousness goes away. I thought the Librium would help with that. Even when the Dr. front loaded me with 50mg, the anxiety never went away
Old 12-24-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Mester View Post
My last drink was nearly 60 hours ago. Anxiety comes and goes. My impatience doesn't help. As soon as the anxiety hits, my impatience of ALL THIS just wanting it to be over revs up the anxiety. Took 10 of today's 25mg at 1500. Holding off for the other 15mg until I think I need it. I just don't think it works. I never had the shakes bad, the sweats or the auditory/ visual hallucinations. Just the anxiousness, insomnia and because of my anxiousness, the inability to sit still. Which causes me to pace until the anxiousness goes away. I thought the Librium would help with that. Even when the Dr. front loaded me with 50mg, the anxiety never went away
You need to be very careful here. What you're describing is a very dangerous set of circumstances. Auditory and/or visual hallucinations can lead to the DTs and/or seizures. The sweats, anxiety, insomnia, and the shaking present a very serious clinical picture. That fact that you're getting no obvious relief from the Librium signals the seriousness of your condition.

It's not a good idea to wait any longer to get yourself to the emergency room.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Mester,

Hope you are feeling a little less anxious tonight. You can always check back in with the doctor if it doesn't go away. In a few days the physical symptoms should be gone, and you won't have to deal with them again.

Check in when you get a chance.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
You need to be very careful here. What you're describing is a very dangerous set of circumstances. Auditory and/or visual hallucinations can lead to the DTs and/or seizures. The sweats, anxiety, insomnia, and the shaking present a very serious clinical picture. That fact that you're getting no obvious relief from the Librium signals the seriousness of your condition.

It's not a good idea to wait any longer to get yourself to the emergency room.
End Game I think you need to read my post again. I said I DON'T HAVE the shakes, the sweats, the auditory/visual hallucinations. Not even come close to having them
I just have the anxiousness, insomnia and inability to sit still when I get anxious. I will, however, add one more. I got a little irritable with my daughter. But she was being her usual stubborn self(gets it from me) and refused to listen to me. So I raised my voice a little louder than I like to when she is not listening to me.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Mester View Post
End Game I think you need to read my post again. I said I DON'T HAVE the shakes, the sweats, the auditory/visual hallucinations. Not even come close to having them
I just have the anxiousness, insomnia and inability to sit still when I get anxious. I will, however, add one more. I got a little irritable with my daughter. But she was being her usual stubborn self(gets it from me) and refused to listen to me. So I raised my voice a little louder than I like to when she is not listening to me.
Oh yes. I misread your comments. I apologize for that, and hope you can make it through this without too much suffering. It does get better.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

give it time. you werent drinkin huge quantities of kool aid- you were drinkin toxins.

it will get better
Old 12-25-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It was tough sleeping the first few days for sure, and it took me a good month or so before I slept more than three or four hours a night. It was to be expected after drinking myself to sleep for decades.

It will get better!