Notices

Does an eCup drug test test for alcohol?

Old 12-21-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does an eCup drug test test for alcohol?

I applied for a part-time evening job to keep me distracted from drinking when I normally get home from my day job and that's when it starts. So I was called today and told I got the job but I have to take an "eCup" drug test tomorrow.

My last drink was around 11:00 pm last night and I've been detoxing all day with green tea, lots of water and vitamins. The test has to be done tomorrow before 5:00 p.m. I'm worried it will show up in my urine still. Its is a urine test not a blood test. Does anyone know?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

I never even heard of this. Our HR department has a breathalyzer, but in 10 years I don't think its ever been out of the case.

Never heard of using a urine test for booze.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Most companies don't drug test specifically for alcohol, mainly for other drugs. But the only way you will know is to ask this employer specifically.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Most companies don't drug test specifically for alcohol, mainly for other drugs. But the only way you will know is to ask this employer specifically.
In addition to that, even if they did test for it, alcohol is legal (assuming you're of legal age). What you did in your own time is irrelevant, I would think.

However, if you're worried about your drinking and taking this extra job, as you say, specifically to keep you from drinking in the evenings, do you really think that will be enough long term?
Old 12-21-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@Getmeout ...No it's not going to be enough long term but it's a start. I was reading Dee's post on making a recovery plan. In the past i never really gave AA a fair chance. So I downloaded some worksheets and I am starting to read the Big Book.

Part of the reason I have relapsed is when I'm sober I start to think of all he bottled up secrets, shame and embarrassment, Perhaps if I can let these feelings out i can be free of my demons.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by SoberChicNJ View Post
In the past i never really gave AA a fair chance. So I downloaded some worksheets and I am starting to read the Big Book.
It took me a loooong time to give AA a fair chance. I had to hit what I hope is the lowest bottom I'll ever experience before I finally did actually try it. A year and 8 months later, I'd say it's working out quite well! If that's the plan you choose to go with, I think it would be a wise decision.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I assume you've googled the term by now?

eCup Drug Testing | Instant Drug Screening Services

eCup 5-panel Drug Tests for: Cannabinoids (THC), Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Opiates, Phencyclidine, in accordance with SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) profile cutoff levels.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No, they're testing for drugs.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nope. Alcohol is legal (unless you are on probation or something to that effect). And no the eCup doesn't test for it.