Notices

I almost wish I hadn't gotten sober..

Old 12-26-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

If you find that people are saying things or repeating things that you do not find helpful, then do not respond.

I notice that many people on this thread (and others) seem to think that saying the same thing again will get a different response.

But if you do not respond, they will not feel the need to restate.

And picking and choosing what you want to engage with is probably a very good thing. Just because someone writes, does not mean you need to acknowledge.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miamifella View Post
If you find that people are saying things or repeating things that you do not find helpful, then do not respond.

I notice that many people on this thread (and others) seem to think that saying the same thing again will get a different response.

But if you do not respond, they will not feel the need to restate.

And picking and choosing what you want to engage with is probably a very good thing. Just because someone writes, does not mean you need to acknowledge.
It's just baffling. I am aware that I'm being defensive. What is pointing that out to me supposed to accomplish? And multiple people pointed it out. And every time I
Old 12-26-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
It's just baffling. I am aware that I'm being defensive. What is pointing that out to me supposed to accomplish? And multiple people pointed it out. And every time I

They are not necessarily thinking about "accomplishing" anything with their comments. The people responding here are not professionals. They are just ordinary folk like you who find their impulses triggered.

So notice what you have in common with them--and if there is something you share, then strike up a conversation. If you just find them annoying, do not engage. They are just as impulsive, emotional and fallible as you. Just have compassion for them and move on.

Everyone is trying to help. It is not their fault (or yours) if they do not succeed.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Right and I appreciate that, you along with them, are saying the things you think are helpful.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:36 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There have been many reminders in this thread to keep personal arguments out of the public forums. Since it has continued despite those reminders, the thread is now closed and some posts have been removed as well.