Notices

24 beers every single day. just me?

Old 12-22-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

One is too many and a thousand never enough.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going picturebigger?

D
Old 12-29-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I just found this thread and I don't think I've related to anything on this forum so well. I have lurked around here for a while looking for inspiration and hope to quit drinking AGAIN and this just really resonates with me.

I'm a husband and father that works full time in a very profitable career from 7 am until 4pm, but on the way home from the office I stop and get my first two 24 ounce beers and drink them either on the way home or parked down the street from my house and dispose of them. Then, I proceed with my evening of drinking almost never less than another 12 beers, and really probably more, before eating and going right to bed.

I've repeated this process for almost 4 years now with intermittent periods of sobriety, the longest being 3 months. I've gained 100 pounds during that time and am really facing a life or death situation at this point.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Bulldog, that's what I needed were the recovery stories, lived the bad choice tales. I also liked making fruit water concoctions, still do. Divert the attention.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by RealSLC12 View Post
I just found this thread and I don't think I've related to anything on this forum so well. I have lurked around here for a while looking for inspiration and hope to quit drinking AGAIN and this just really resonates with me.

I'm a husband and father that works full time in a very profitable career from 7 am until 4pm, but on the way home from the office I stop and get my first two 24 ounce beers and drink them either on the way home or parked down the street from my house and dispose of them. Then, I proceed with my evening of drinking almost never less than another 12 beers, and really probably more, before eating and going right to bed.

I've repeated this process for almost 4 years now with intermittent periods of sobriety, the longest being 3 months. I've gained 100 pounds during that time and am really facing a life or death situation at this point.
I was at 286 when I quit drinking this February, after having been lean most of my life. I'm 215 now, and that's without doing anything crazy, just normal eating and some walking. Had crazy high blood pressure too that's now normal. Bad liver numbers now normal.

So yeah, you can turn that ship around if you want to.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey picturebigger that's what I drank too, sometimes more. Usually 15 of the 16oz pint cans. I compressed it all into 3-4 hours. I cringe at what that has done to me, in all aspects of my life. I'm only a couple days clean but feel so much better already. Time for me to grow up.