Notices

Alky types.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello Frickaflip, personally I think there's enough information, explanation and clarification in Secular Connections on SR, the stickies and other folks threads, particularly some recent non-sticky threads.

I personally read the book, but only because my addiction was so deeply entrenched and I fast-forwarded to my expectation that my AV would dismiss AVRT, because I hadn't read the book - so it was an AV pre-emptive move on my part.

Frickaflip, I do appreciate your questioning mind and feel it would be beneficial to yourself and others, if you posted your questions on Secular Connections.

Oh, just noticed Algorithms post above......this is what I meant earlier by the inquisitorial mode, which is used in AVRT in an attempt to delve deeper and thereby focus a spotlight on the addiction root. Please don't take it any other way than its intention, to assist you in ending alcohol addiction, forever.

AVRT isn't touchy-feely, it stops addiction permanently and once stopped, allows one to deal with any other issues. So there's no back-slapping, little hugging and no ODAAT. It's about self-empowerment. Plus, if you can use your Authentic Self to stop drinking for good with no fear of relapses (which you can) then imagine what else you can use that inherent power for!
Old 12-15-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Algo. I don't want to debate.

Man you've read an amazing amount into my OP. I'm exhausted now . Whatever works man.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks again Tatsy. I'll read but I doubt I'll ask questions. You guys are too darn smart for me. I'm going to head down to the elementary school with my Big Book, rally a bunch of 1st graders and have me a spiritual awakening....I'm joking around, obviously .
Old 12-15-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Frickaflip, I think your sense of humour would be appreciated in SC! I've read lots of your posts, you're a smart lady indeed, not that it's a prerequisite for AVRT......we're just a bunch of ex-alcohol addicts trying to assist others in their understanding of the technique; so that others can also experience non-conditional freedom from addiction. Take care
Old 12-15-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
quat

Deciding to accept the idea of permanent, unconditional abstinence is truly freeing and liberating, not to mention totally 'doable' , and it doesn't even need to mess up afternoon plans
Old 12-15-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
Good point. The American Medical Assn. classifies alcoholism as a mental illness. Like BiPolar disorder.
Actually as a disease.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I was an abnormal drinker from the beginning but my tolerance was so low in the beginning, two or three drinks got me where I wanted to be over an evening.

After about ten years, it took 12-14 drinks to get me where I wanted to be.