Notices

Night 1 of Holiday Company....

Old 12-09-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do look at that plan link mayeve - make some change - get some other tools - you can do this!

D
Old 12-09-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sorry mayeve! As Dee said, it's time to start with a plan in order to deal with future episodes. You can do this!
Old 12-10-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how much sobriety you have, but it's YOUR house. Tell them to get the Fu** out if they're going to drink in front of you. I wouldn't put up with that BS for a minute. My guests know I don't tolerate alcohol in my home and respect that. Even family. They have no right to drink in your home if you prefer for them not to. Some people can do it, others who have social anxiety like myself just prefer not to have that temptation in front of us.. but the important thing is it's up to you to make that decision.

I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread sooner - I would have warned you to have a backup plan if it became too difficult. Like leaving and going to a friend's house, or a hotel. Holiday company is stressful. There is a lot of encouragement on this board for people to "just deal with it", and "own their addiction", etc.. when it comes to drinking partners or company, but for some of us it's just the worst possible scenario. Our home has to be safe, if we need to be.

Do not feel ashamed. Just eliminate the stressors.. and get on with your recovery.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can stop this process, you have the ability and the power. At this point its a slip, something you can arrest. Be honest with husband and let him know what happened. Our addictions thrive in the darkness and love when we are hiding, sneaking and being dishonest. So tell on it. Brainstorm with him how to handle the situation with your family.
As was mentioned above, we too have an alcohol free home and anyone coming to stay with us knows that ahead of time.
How you deal with this is up to you but I would urge you to have all alcohol removed if you want this to be a slip vs a full blown relapse.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mayeve,

Please dont give up -- or make it like a diet, I've eaten the ice cream I might as well have the cake too. And the chips.

It can be a slip -- a small bump -- or a car crash. Make it a bump.

Tell your hubby -- Ooona has it nailed.

You can do this.

XX
Old 12-12-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Shout out to Mayeve.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sleepy

Thanks for the supporting posts and the shout out.

It hasn't been good. That's all I really feel like saying about it right now.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You can do this! We have all been where you are now. We are here to help you get back on your feet.