Notices

Day one Dec 3

Old 12-03-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one Dec 3

December 3rd is my new sober date. I've had too many relapses to say I'm 3 years sober. I'm 24 hours sober. I intend on making this my last first day. I'm never tempted except 2 days a month. My way home after my last night shift on my rotation is when I get tempted, I need a plan to make it past those 2 days.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that sounds good, romanerin.
congratulations on your decision and the first day done.
if you spend some time here on SR looking around, you will be able to find a whole bunch of different ways people are doing this and planning for tricky-to-them situations.
stick around and check it out.
a 'daily do' of engaging with others on a forum was one of those things that helped me big time.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

How are you RomanErin2011
Old 12-04-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Still sober on day 2. I won't have any problem staying sober until morning of Dec. 30th. I'll be getting off my last night shift and I know that sounds weird but that's how it is for me. But I really want this as much as I did at the beginning of the 3 years I was sober, so I'll be dedicated to being sober. After some time has passed the temptation will come out of nowhere. I need to be prepared for it.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I am on Day 1 again. I relapsed and now I am hurting. I need to cope better with stress. Can't wait until I feel better. I am drinking lots of water and fruit but can't get comfortable. Thank you SR for being here for me.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A little conviction and guilt right now but more pure frustration than anything else. I stay rock solid sober for 3 months. Had a sudden urge and acted on it today. Bought a 6 pack and just looked at for 30 minutes before drinking it knowing I'd hate myself. I drank it anyway, for buzzed and after it was gone just absolutely hated myself and begged to be sober again. I dunno just wanted to share this. I don't understand why I do this. Totally sober for 3 months then this.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Three months sober is a good start, what were you doing during these months to help you stay sober? What made you go out and buy the beer today?
Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I think it's good to look at what happened and ask why.

Very few decisions to drink come out of the blue?

D
Old 02-20-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was going to the hardware store to buy some materials before the rain hits. Once I got into town I started thinking, well it'll rain all day so I won't be able to do anything, might as well drink. I dismissed it until I came to the last store on my way home. I stopped and bought some.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're the only person that controls this. If you want to stop drinking, then you have to stop drinking.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have a new game plan. I never wake up and decide to go get alcohol. It's always when I'm out and about and see a gas station. So I have a doctor's appointment to get prescribed Antabuse. It's supposed to make you very sick if you drink alcohol. My thinking is I wake up in my right mind take it in the morning. Then when I pass a gas station I'll know, if I do this then I'm going to get very sick. I think it will be enough to get me through the 30 seconds I need to pass a gas station.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd add a second line of defence - can't be too protected right?

There are some good ideas on plans here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D