Notices

Back and forth with caffeine

Old 12-04-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I drink quite a bit of coffee every day, diet coke too, and I also sleep fine. Depends what you're used to. I found my coffee intake went up quite a bit after I quit drinking alcohol, at least after I was through acute withdrawal and sleeping normally. Probably because when I was a heavy drinker I had jitters every morning and felt wired just from alcohol withdrawal....
Old 12-04-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Sleepies, you know how I feel about the caffeine. Everybody different, but I does think person with anxieties should maybe do trial without to see if they feeling better without. I mean, it is CNS stimulant drug, yes?

I find the massive comments section on this website about caffeine effect and withdrawal to be fascinating. Is lot of people suffer for many month with horrific withdrawal. It help me to understand hell I go through in try to get off caffeine.

Caffeine Withdrawal Symptoms: Top Fifteen
Old 12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am only on the decaf now.

It was all over that coffee is good for liver health... hoped to get that benefit.

Ah well. I have to go back on strict diet tomorrow anyway. Thank you for stopping by Cow!

I know it's dumb but I still can't wrap my head around mere caffeine being something I maybe cannot have. I was fueled on beer and coffee for many years.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Same issue here. I'm on decaf but will slip caffeine in and when I go for a whole cup I'm shaking, sweating and pacing... I finally switched to tea
Old 12-13-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
I drink quite a bit of coffee every day, diet coke too, and I also sleep fine. Depends what you're used to. I found my coffee intake went up quite a bit after I quit drinking alcohol, at least after I was through acute withdrawal and sleeping normally. Probably because when I was a heavy drinker I had jitters every morning and felt wired just from alcohol withdrawal....
I found my coffee intake went up significantly too once I got sober but I'm trying to switch to tea.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've been getting palpitations lately, really annoying... I need to take the two weeks book-ending New Year's and taper down, so when I go back to school on the 9th, I am consuming little to none and then in February when things get more busy, I can increase it if I need to and not hit that wall where you overload yourself and it doesn't make you feel more awake, it just gives you palpitations!
Old 12-15-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
zjw

sleepie? where did you go? some of us are thinking about ya!
Old 12-15-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Quitting caffeine on the 17th. One last writing binge with nicotine and caffeine. My solution is walking. Instead of drinking caffeine or smoking I will walk. I've done it before but had to get my sobriety secure. Now it is time to get the other negative behaviors out of my life.