Notices

Grateful

Old 11-24-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful

Woke up real early, felt rested and had coffee at 7 am on this Thanksgiving day here in the states. In my drinking days I would have woke up with a headache and nausea with extreme anxiety. I would stumble around and try to find my wallet to see if there's any money left. I would regret what I potentially did or said the day before. I would pray that I didn't drive drunk or cause any other disturbance.

But this is not me anymore, thank God. After my coffee today I decided to get some stuff done even though it's a holiday. I managed to clean out the basement and fix two home repairs that I've been wanting to do. I ended this evening with purchasing a new wrist watch for myself online at a really good price with free shipping and 20 percent off. It's the little things in life that matters anymore. I could have bought two watches if not more and still would have spent less money than a night out drinking. I am so grateful that the slavery to the bottle is over. If you are struggling today or thinking about quitting. Don't give up, make that mental inventory today and commit to a new you. Feel pity for the people who has to drink at every occasion. Celebrate a clear mind and there's no end to what you can do. If this sounds too much over the top for you. Remember that I have my struggles still, but at the end of the day. I ask myself, do you want to go back to that misery and hell. I say no way! Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am 31 days sober after 27 years of daily drinking.

I don't know, I had a lot of fun when I was in my late 20's and early 30's going out to the bars and parties or whatever. I do not regret any of it.

But once I got married and started a family and ended up using alcohol at home everyday to self medicate it got pathetic.

Now at age 53 it is ridiculous to believe I could continue at that pace and survive.

There is a time and place for everything in life. Sure, some people should never ever drink if it gets them in trouble or hurts their health.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving tnman

D