SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   that frantic feeling (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/400081-frantic-feeling.html)

try2again 11-06-2016 01:02 PM

that frantic feeling

sadly I guess I have seriously progressed further - because most days quitting is forefront in my mind - but seriously when your mind & heart is physically racing at that time at the start of a day about quitting...wtf??

try2again 11-06-2016 01:06 PM

dying inside mentally is part of it right?

biminiblue 11-06-2016 01:33 PM

Have you thought about getting medical help for the racing heart and anxiety part of the detox? A few days of medical help is all that is needed to get past that part of it - it's not expensive and you don't (always) have to check in anywhere.

Dying inside mentally was part of my addiction. It's been all uphill since I quit. It gets better really quickly. It's worth it.

Steely 11-06-2016 01:59 PM

I feel like I'm dying inside too try2again but am thinking, hoping, that it might be necessary for new life :VGRearth:

Gottalife 11-06-2016 03:16 PM

Those AA paradoxes. We surrender to win, die to be reborn, give it away to keep it. Which might be why the person who only ever breathes in will eventually suffocate.

try2again 11-06-2016 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6199558)
Have you thought about getting medical help for the racing heart and anxiety part of the detox? A few days of medical help is all that is needed to get past that part of it - it's not expensive and you don't (always) have to check in anywhere.

Dying inside mentally was part of my addiction. It's been all uphill since I quit. It gets better really quickly. It's worth it.

no I haven't felt this way before

BrendaChenowyth 11-06-2016 05:26 PM

There is no shame in a hand up, if you need it to quit. By hand up, I mean Xanax.

try2again 11-06-2016 05:35 PM

I avoid all things medical for some reason - fear probably

I do have asthma & make my meds last beyond as long as possible

NestWasEmpty 11-06-2016 05:45 PM

I messed my health up so bad DR told me to quit or die soon . When you quit you get your life back to live again . Does get better with time , but you have to decide to live your life . Not drink it way :( Was on anxiety meds for awhile at first . Took that frantic feeling away till I got more sober time in .

BrendaChenowyth 11-06-2016 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by try2again (Post 6199783)
I avoid all things medical for some reason - fear probably

I do have asthma & make my meds last beyond as long as possible

Fear definitely.

My friend's 89 year old father is starting to have some obvious health issues, including whatever is causing his distended belly, and he refuses to go to a doctor. He says, "I don't go to doctors. They'll kill me." He thinks they will find something wrong that isn't already there and then make it worse rather than treat it.

It's nonsense. It's just really not true. Start taking caring of you.

try2again 11-06-2016 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth (Post 6199802)
Fear definitely.

My friend's 89 year old father is starting to have some obvious health issues, including whatever is causing his distended belly, and he refuses to go to a doctor. He says, "I don't go to doctors. They'll kill me." He thinks they will find something wrong that isn't already there and then make it worse rather than treat it.

It's nonsense. It's just really not true. Start taking caring of you.

hey, if I live to 89 - which I really don't want too...his thoughts are like mine

trachemys 11-06-2016 09:24 PM

Doctors are practicing.

Practicing on me is not permitted.