Notices

At the end of my rope

Old 10-31-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
Just trying to be helpful I'm in your court here but you seem raw and not very open to helpful ideas.

I dunno what else to say to you then.
I have learned it is best not to a) poke at something inflamed b) point out that it doesn't like poked
Old 10-31-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

If someone told me I had to eat liver or die, I'd be picking out coffins, sleepie. I feel ya on that one.

I've been anemic a couple times in my life. It made me really tired. You're going to be okay, hang on.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

My grandmother ate beef liver with onions. Maybe that'll give it some other flavor to make it more palatable.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sleepie if you really feel noone understands and you're not getting any support advice or understanding you can use, maybe we should just close the thread?

You just seem to be getting more and more irritated, and frankly, quite rude.

That's not good for you or for us.

D
Old 10-31-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Fry it in bacon grease. YUM!

Edit: My 300th post is really "fry it in bacon grease"?
Old 10-31-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Awesome, BC.

Or put chocolate on it.

Excellent.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

What Brenda said is true zjw. You know you are a good friend of mine here at SR. But right now I really need to talk to anyone in a similar position. And who also takes care of themselves as in doing their regular check ups. It is a part of taking care of yourself and I do and this seems to be rare among people. A lot of people avoid it including my bf and I would love to do that too but I don't.

Now he thought he was "fine" 2 years ago when they said he was also prediabetic. Did he go back for his a1c? no. I begged him too many times... Maybe life will bless him with zero health issues despite him making ZERO effort to take care of himself. I don't have that privilege though.

Thanks Bimini I am losing my mind right now.

I am off to Whole(y god that's expensive) Foods to see about what grass fed liver I can get for 5 or 7 bucks. I just hope I feel better as I am so, so sick of all of it.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I am alone in this IRL Dee. It is not a good place to be.I don't believe I have been rude. But you're in charge not me.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

we'll keep the thread open then sleepie.

D
Old 10-31-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Yeah, yeah. I go to the doctor once a year for a checkup.

I have some chronic health issues that I don't discuss here because I like to keep things private, but I do go to the doctor and try to take care of myself with exercise, a regular omnivore diet with lots of whole foods, a couple vitamins, and sleep (oh, oops, sorry...)

I started taking VitaminD a few years ago for depression and being just blah. That was a game changer for me. I started magnesium this past year because I couldn't sleep through the night. That helped, along with the exercise and a lower-ish carb meal plan. I'm at a healthy weight, and not much bothers me.

Sleepie, I have no family. Not one person. I'm single. I don't have close friends. That is not a prerequisite for happiness, trust me. Sometimes they make things worse!
Old 10-31-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

And who wouldn't be mad though, going through all this and getting nothing? Watching others around you get sober and go on to get things they wanted, have vanity surgeries, go on trips, talk about the money they have now from quitting, about how great they look... my pockets are drained, my energy is drained, I have two kinds of depression and my health has gotten worse.

I just wanted something good to happen to me. To me for once. It will never be my turn.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks bimini.

I don't have anything left for a life of chronic health issues. I need a good stretch in life, just once. Just one time period in my life where things are just not awful and difficult and discouraging.

And I know, I went no contact with my family years ago. It's a very alienating thing to have to do.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

But it was a good thing for you to do, your family wasn't able to give you what you needed due to their own psychological problems.

Lots of people leave their family of origin behind. It is for the best for a lot of people. It was you taking care of yourself. That's a good thing.

I hear you on the chronic health things. Luckily mine stay pretty quiet - at least they haven't gotten worse and I'm able to treat them fairly effectively.

This is just a hurdle for you to get over. It's going to all be okay in the end. If it isn't okay, it isn't the end.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I was in the dentist chair for WAY too long today, though. I got really testy with the tech.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Oh no.

Ugh. I have all these dumb cavities form childhood and injuries that cost me thousands of dollars in dental despite always brushing and flossing. I never don't have a dental bill. I currently need about...4,000 dollars more in dental work because of my old injury and an old, old filling that now needs a crown. Every month all my life it has been Dr payments and dental payments and eye surgeon payments... it's enough to just run a person into the ground. It isn't living. It has always been this way. Since my 20's. I have a crappy "baseline" compared to others. Like my BF, all his life- an eye dr appt if he feels like it every few years... never ever a check up... and dentist for cleanings, no cavities ever.

Easy.

Gets to spend his money on things he wants.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah. I spend a lot on dental - but like my lovely grandmother used to say, "You only get one set of teeth."

I need an implant right now too. Just spent $1550 last week on this crown they put on today. The implant is $5000. Luckily it's a back tooth, so I don't really have to have the implant. It's just weird having that tooth gone.

I'm always on one payment plan or another, too. But it's my health, so what better way to spend, is the way I look at it.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I hope you are insured.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

No dental insurance, I'm on a state medical plan since Obamacare. They don't cover dental or vision, and it's crazy expensive for dental insurance.

You know, because eyes and teeth aren't important.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

But I was paying $600 a month for medical insurance before Obamacare, and now it's free - so I'm not complaining.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Oh gosh I don't even know if i have dental, but I know I have cavities... I am paying out my hooha for health insurance though and I have yet to use it... I want to cancel it but that's the moment I'll frigging need it.