Notices

At the end of my rope

Old 10-31-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thank you Abigmess it really intensely contributes to the anxiety and esteem issues that come with having to deal with any health issuesto begin with.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sleepie, I may be missing something here, but have you looked into getting health insurance? It's all based on income these days and you can't be turned down for any reason. Even with a full-time job, I still qualify for subsidies that cover half of the total premium. As much as you visit the doctor, it sounds like what you pay in premiums would be less than what you pay out of pocket now. Also, I assume that you must pay the penalty each year come tax time. That could also be better put towards a monthly premium. Again, forgive me if I'm missing something here.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Sleepie, I may be missing something here, but have you looked into getting health insurance? It's all based on income these days and you can't be turned down for any reason. Even with a full-time job, I still qualify for subsidies that cover half of the total premium. As much as you visit the doctor, it sounds like what you pay in premiums would be less than what you pay out of pocket now. Also, I assume that you must pay the penalty each year come tax time. That could also be better put towards a monthly premium. Again, forgive me if I'm missing something here.
I already suggested this a few days ago. There are also low cost clinics that will qualify people whose income isn't low enough to get tax credits. There are soooo many options out there but 'they' (the govt) don't make it easy so having a good agent (can get one off the exchange) is really important to help sift through all the garbage.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I agree on finding a good insurance agent. I switched mine last year and she's been a godsend at sifting through the various plans to find me the best rates.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Thanks SR.

I walked around for hours yesterday and all day today as well. I am still too much of a nervous wreck to even try and sleep. I hate every waking moment. I wish I had just one single family member or something to help me through this, or a supportive partner.... just any damn one IRL... I really cannot mentally handle all this stress. The past 2 years of medical tests and awaiting results and draining all my savings are killing me. I can't even enjoy life. It's no wonder I have two kinds of depression. I don't need depression meds, I need this s*** to GO AWAY.

I've said simlier things myself. I dont want treatment i wanna find a cause and a cure. I dont wanna just treat symptoms or try and figure out how to live like this. I think i see what your saying.

I do have one train of thought that focus's on lifes battle and probelms and honestly that side of me wants to throw in the towel is just so friggen sick and tired of it all.

I used to have just that way of thinking. Now I have the positive way fo thinkign as well that many times doesnt have much to work with but it has enough to keep my mind out of the gutter and keep me from getting to depressed or something.

In the end things Kinda balance themselves out at this point but i still have my moments.

I think what worked well for me is i developed an attitude of throwing my hands in the air and ssaying oh friggen well to the problems i could not solve or could not change. Instead of sitting with them and letting them drive me nuts.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Things were never going to be ok for me. I never had a chance. Ever.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

Your frustration, anxiety and feeling buried in your situation is very palpable.

There's a free meditation series starting today with Oprah & Deepak. They are well done and it's only a 20 minute a day commitment. The theme is "Creating Peace from the Inside Out." It sounds sort of made for you. I hope you give it a whirl.

https://chopracentermeditation.com/
Old 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I tried it. It was distracting. I tried last year when they offered it. I mean I think the guy talked all the way through it.

I have ventured into meditation before. It doesn't do much. I just sit there and can't wait for it to be over and I start thinking of all the things I have to do.

I would need to take a xanax just to be able to do it.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Unrelated... I am in a last ditch effort to not feel tired and down every single day, and attempting to eat more iron. I was just told I am borderline anemic, so I have no idea if it will help. But I just ate liver for the 1st time. It is the single most vile thing I have ever, ever consumed. OMG it is absolutely vomit inducing. I had to hold my nose while I ate it and it has left a visceral and stubborn oil on my tongue that is making me gag.

I just wanted to do something with a little "punch" to it instead of leafy greens, as I understand animal derived iron sources are more easily absorbed by humans.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Has anyone actually eaten this and felt better...?
Old 10-31-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
zjw

Liver yak when I worry about my iron I reach for black strap molasses also high in copper and calcium. Or I go for rice crispies.

The blackstrap molasses is 25% your daily value in a serving and rice crispies are 50%!
Old 10-31-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Yeah I have high sugar so no.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah I rattled off quick fix options. Black beans or spinach would be more ideal. Hemp protein is also pretty high in iron as well.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

We absorb animal iron better.

looking for more palatable ways to consume this.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
zjw

Eat a steak then? I also read vitamin c helps you absorb it.

You know my dietary and excercise habits I think the whole animal sources thing is myth cept for a few folks I can't recall the science on that off the top of my head but I dunno that you gotta choke down liver.

Not I hate to admit this but years agoe I ate fried chicken livers and I'm sorry but I did find those pretty tasty.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well, neither do you bleed heavily every month.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Also not interested in any sugar or fructose based diets. This has caused diabetes in people who thought they were perfectly healthy, like the former fruterian woman I met at the market.

But if there is any hint of a way to make this stuff more tolerable I am all ears.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
zjw

Just trying to be helpful I'm in your court here but you seem raw and not very open to helpful ideas.

I dunno what else to say to you then.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Also not interested in any sugar or fructose based diets. This has caused diabetes in people who thought they were perfectly healthy, like the former fruterian woman I met at the market.

But if there is any hint of a way to make this stuff more tolerable I am all ears.
Try a paleo type diet or south beach or something both very affective and proven.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

zjw, I have prediabetes. I really cannot take your advice. I am glad that you have surmised that your health is fine but unfortunately, mine is not. These ideas are not helpful to me, with my set of health circumstances. I have to do what helps, for me, in my situation.