Notices

At the end of my rope

Old 11-04-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Sigh. Seriously.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

You are a strong woman, Sleepie. What help do you need now to get yourself pointed in a comfortable direction?
Old 11-04-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Sigh... all I can think is "I got what I deserved"... for being weak. For being stupid. For not being perfect in sobriety, for being depressed, anxious... for being unable to muster even a false "positive" persona as I have had to IRL so many times. For not jumping into a perfect diet and exercise routine from the get-go...

Surely I am being punished for all of it.

I did it all wrong. Like I always have.
Just no Sleeps. You didn't deserve this or what has happened to you in the past.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Again blown off by the nurse practitioner, which makes for a full week of never getting back to me, and now I am exactly where I didn't want to be which is waiting the whole damn weekend. Health care here SUCKS, and that's what you get when your own hard earned money pays for it.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, Sleepie, that your medical team has been so unresponsive; that is very discouraging.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

It is always like this for me. I have another place I have been trying for literally 7 months to get health info from their archives- they had it, lost it- then shuffled it and lost it again. Going on since March. Again I just do not get it. I never, ever would have been able to keep my job if I ever did anything like that or even anything close to it. It is appalling, and on top of it they will even cop an attitude if you get upset. Seven. Months. I have been waiting.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
It is always like this for me. I have another place I have been trying for literally 7 months to get health info from their archives- they had it, lost it- then shuffled it and lost it again. Going on since March. Again I just do not get it. I never, ever would have been able to keep my job if I ever did anything like that or even anything close to it. It is appalling, and on top of it they will even cop an attitude if you get upset. Seven. Months. I have been waiting.
Incredible . . . .
Old 11-04-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Another typical USA health care story.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Ugh, that is awful and so frustrating sleepie. It makes me angry. I can imagine how you must feel. I would lose my job too if I just blatantly did not respond to people.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
p***enger

I like your new avatar, sleepie.

These dreadful 10 months aren't your fault. From what I hear, a benzo addiction is one of the hardest to recover from. That plus alcohol and no wonder you feel like crap.

And re the thought that you didn't exercise, control your diet, do enough "peeling back the onion", etc. -- in your case I think you've done just fine.

We each have our own way to recovery -- those of us who are determined, and I count you as one. I most often think of recovery as personal learning, & I believe in *readiness* for each progressive stage of learning. It's the baby steps approach Some steps are too big at one time, but manageable later.

Not everyone believes in readiness -- some people think you should act and the action will make the learning happen. I hold that without readiness, either the learner will fail or will learn in maladaptive ways.

(This is just basic constructivism for anyone who cares.)

The challenge is keeping channels open for learning opportunities so that when you *are* ready, you can find them.

sleepie, you do that with SR. It sounds like you do that with reading. I'd be so happy if you told me you were making drawing a regular part of your day.

btw, have you ever done an art meet-up in Chicago? There must be someplace in that city where people like you just hang around for one another.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hi, sleepie; I hope that today is a better day for you.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Oh Sleepie, I am sorry you are having all these problems. You don't deserve them, you deserve much better than life is giving you at the moment. (((Sleepie)))
I am thinking of you and hoping you get your test info right away.
Croutie
Old 11-07-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

had to go back today.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:58 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Not really able to handle this too well. More waiting. Pulled out a ton of hair. More bare spots

Sigh.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
sober style

I know that lady. Haters back off!
Old 11-08-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Did you watch it Snazzy?
Old 11-08-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Another week of waiting for more results. I wish that I could go back go the thing that gave me relief from this god awful hair pulling disorder but that was also benzos. I suppose I am to be a bald, nervous wreck. I had near agoraphobia this winter being so ashamed of my appearance. It's very depressing and anxiety inducing. It's not living and I hate it. I had all manner of things to cover my head for years. An entire life of it.

Day in the sun... Brief period of normalcy, will I ever have this...
Old 11-08-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
p***enger

I seem to remember you had a day, maybe the day of your 10 month milestone? when you had kind of an ok day. I'll look for the post & maybe link back so you can see it.

It can happen. It can happen more often.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

sleepie, you are a beautiful woman.

You have trouble accepting that.

I wish we were near. I would crawl through broken glass for you. Stop hating yourself and start celebrating yourself.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

After I pull a lot it is a long, long time before I can approach anything like it courage. Trich is a very crushing thing to live with.