Notices

What's Moo?

Old 12-05-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Migraines suck, that I do know. Prayers to you Len. PJ
Old 12-05-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Prayers to so many for so many reasons.. wish I could make a Santa Wish to have you all just a tiny bit healthier and happier.. love glitter and sugar cookies... yes Iam a Holiday Clown.. with soft laughter lots of balloons and hopes for a better tomorrow.. love ardy
Old 12-05-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Dear all,

Tonight is the big kids holiday here in the Benelux, Sinterklas.

My dude and I just finished putting together my daugthers gym equipment and it reminded me so much of my childhood -- my Dad hated putting together all the train sets etc. But his hating it was itself part of the tradition.

My eldest (23) came home for dinner and a sleepover to celebrate with her little sister at 630 am before she goes to school at 730. Nice of her as the older one has a big concert with her orchestra tomorrow night plus school etc.

Its these little things that make me happy these days. Now I am sitting her with the cocker doggie at my side catching up on life in the pasture.

Like Sleeps getting a tree, and Turtle looking at his lake, and Leina with her stars, and Cow with her hummies, Ardy with his snowflakes and cookies, and hawkeye and pufs and courage, and all of us folks in the pasture -- we all got each other. Makes me happy.

So there.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

everybody! extra hug for Leeleebelle!

Well, been sleeping little bit. Have terrible dreaming though. Recurring ones: either I killed in horrific way, or, I try desperately to get somewhere but can no ever get there no matter what I do, or, my momma is there in car or walking and I following her home. ... ... Luckily she lose me, cuz, you know, she dead and all. The dreams is very hard to shake even after waking.

So, thanks a lot subconscious! And PS. I not care what you thinnk, I gonna prove you wrong.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I have that one about trying and trying and never getting to the destination. Every other might, I think!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Slept for 17 hours, depressed. Going back to bed as well.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

It's got to be positive that you're catching up on sleep. I hope the depression lifts.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I've slept for 17~ hours before. It wasn't restorative in any way, because I wasn't feeling well in a way that had nothing to do with physical exhaustion or the actual need for rest. If that makes any sense. Depression doesn't come with silver linings unfortunately.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness I have chronic insomnia and I have that dream all the time...at least several times a week. Trying desperately to get somewhere- it is usually to get to one of my kids or trying to get to work on time and every possible thing is in my way....I cannot even make a phone call. My guess is it has always been anxiety coming out in my sleep. PS....does anyone ever have dreams of their teeth falling out...have that one too.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Teeth falling out is a classic anxiety dream. I used to have it all the time
Old 12-05-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
sober style

Yes, I've had those. Sure sign I'm down in the mouth.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

LOL Snazzy
Old 12-05-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I don't have nightmares anymore and when I do I can usually attribute it to stress and anxiety.. I had one a few nights ago I was unsure of. I just had this kid that looked like the girl from The Ring coming at me and I couldn't get away. I was even screaming out loud in my sleep. I knew it was a dream but I was trying to stay awake as long as possible afterward because you know how sometimes you fall right back to sleep and the dream picks right back up where it left off? lol It was the worst.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

We tend to dream in puns and metaphors. It's helpful to say your dreams out loud, maybe record them ASAP. Lately I've had those lost dreams. Can't figure out where I am, or I'm in the wrong place, wandering around in a maze. Women tend to have more vivid dreams premenstral. Our bodies are made to be tuned into the moon and earth. Has always been. Modern living with electronics isn't good for us.

I enjoy the winter season. Be sure to take extra Vitamin D. I like the darkness and stillness.

For the next Six weeks or so, it's gonna be a slog for most of us. Saturn, a sourpuss and a task master is looming large. Don't give up. Look for the lesson. The Wheel turns. So don't take it personally. It's hard not to, though. And Mercury will be riding the new year in backwards. Let's all plan a celebration to say good bye and good riddance to 2016. I think ritual is important. It's a very human thing to do. Make it real, Understand it better. Works for me!

Take a look back at how much we overcame! We are sober! We are friends. Some days are hard but still better than where we were.

Cow, I hope your healer lady ( is she a bruja?) is helping to sooth you. I have been using lavender essential oil. A few drop on a issue and inhale. I don't like the smell, but it's seeming to work.

I believe my last fully functional brain cell is ready to sleep.

Love from Lenina to Pasture herd.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
p***enger

I dream bloody awful things sometimes -- charnel houses and body parts on metal slabs. I had a whole series of dreams where I was really dizzy -- that was strange, to dream of being so dizzy the dream-world spins!

My dreams have become much more vivid in sobriety -- well, duh.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Teeth falling out is a classic anxiety dream. I used to have it all the time

I had no idea. I hate those dreams where my teeth are just falling out into my hands. I have had them for years.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Sending a few flakes your way, Cow:

Old 12-05-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

...ahhhh. I hope to see that in my dreams, Little Dove.

Looks like we all could stand for some sweeter dreams.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Do you ladies (& men?)
Like milk baths

Do you like milk baths? Spa bathsThere are a plethora of recipes/sents on Pinterest.
Very simple. I also found recipes for home made bath bombs.
Mix 2 cups of high fat powdered milk and spring in the essential oil of your choice. You can mix in oats as well.
Let sit for about a week in an air tight container for the scent to diffuse.
Pour the ingrediet in beakers, pop on topper and decorate with candy canes for a cute presentation

Inexpensive holiday gift to your girlfriends
Voila, a spa in a box! Maybe add a pretty shade of nail polish for after bath pampering.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I like that, Stormi.