Notices

Question on what I should and shouldn't beleive

Old 11-03-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Nope- he has lost everything; time with our kids, ability to drive them, a job he loved and was good at, a coaching job, a good name, a home, and still blames everyone and everything but himself for that...

He will claim (as will his family) that he is sober and that any and everyone else under the sun are the cause of his woes...

It's tragic that he is as sick as he is... and a lot of it is mental sickness-- to see him on the street you would not automatically think he is the mess that he is...

And if I had a dime for every tear I shed over wishing that he would decide being a parent to our kids was more important than the next buzz, I would be lounging on a tropical island year round vs. working my tail off as a single mom...

I finally had to stop worrying about trying to help him see the light and find his way and imploring him to think about the kids and what he and they were losing by his addiction being the priority-- instead, I got busy getting myself mentally well and out of the dysfunction of the spouse of the alcoholic cycle and focussed 100% of my energy on accepting that the kids and I were what I had to focus on and nothing else...

Sorry to not be able to post a success story... quite the opposite...
And that is also one of my biggest worries. Will she ever really truly kick this....I don't know. Part of me beleives it was her way dealing with some form of post pardum. Everything we did together for many years always involved a few drinks. The whole thing sucks.....I feel like I've had to escalate everything to protect my child. Everytime I escalate I get more hate. I just shake my head how quickly this has crept up on me.