Notices

I was hit by a car a week ago

Old 10-21-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I was hit by a car a week ago

I managed to talk things out with my mom, for those that don't know she was going to kick me out because of my drinking. That was a month ago though, since then I found 2 jobs, 1 which didn't pay much and 1 that I recently started. Things were going perfect, and I had a few calls from other places, i was going to get a 2nd job during the day, pay off my debts and raise my credit. But of-coarse, someone has to come around and ruin things for people due to their negligence.

It was my 2nd day of training at my new job, I was excited and met a few friends. Even saw this one really cute girl I was planning on talking to. I live right up the street so it's perfect since my license is suspended, my mom wanted to give me a ride home, but I wanted to be independent and decided to walk. As I was crossing the street(I had the red light) I saw a truck that was going to right turn into the street I was walking across, so I stopped and he stopped. I assumed he must have seen me, I started to walk across and he accelerates. I had my headphones and music on and in my mind i'm thinking there is no way this guy can't see me. Suddenly I notice the truck is on my side of the road and it's coming straight towards me. Then boom, the truck hits me and suddenly i'm on the other side of the street, my leg feels like it's broken so I don't move it.

It was unreal, like I was thinking this must be a bad dream. The guy gets out I beg him to call 911, then I call my mom and she calls an ambulance. My leg hurted really bad, I thought I would die from internal bleeding. Soon the cops and the paramedics arrive. They had to cut off my favorite shirt and pants, and then they had to stretch my leg out because my femur bone was broken. I've never felt such pain in my life, I screamed very loudly. My mom was there in the background, she was upset with the driver because he was telling the cops I ran out in the street, which wasn't true. They put me on a bed thingy, gave me some morphine type stuff. I spent 4 days in the hospital and went into surgery, they released me once I proved I could watch on crutches. They performed surgery on my leg and said I would be out of work for a while, like around 6 weeks. A cop came in and told me the guy was at fault as he had video proof he was going faster than he said. He gave me a paper with his information.

My mom and I hired a lawyer. Words cannot express how angry I am. I can't walk without crutches. Everything was going perfectly, I was getting my life back together and some guy who apparently can't drive or see had to ruin it all. I was right infront of him, the only thing I can think of is he must have been on his phone. What if I was a child, or a pregnant mother, it doesn't make sense to me. But atleast i'm alive, my doctor has me on painkillers, calcium pills and other stuff. I can't wait to get better, I will never cross on that street ever again.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry YoungHyde - you've had a bad run of luck.

I've got to admit tho I no longer wear headphones because they're just too many other folks bopping away to music, texting or otherwise not paying attention these days.

D
Old 10-22-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very sorry to hear about your accident and I hope your recovery is as swift as possible. It's good to hear that you were able to repair things with your mom and find a job...hoping you can get back to normal soon!
Old 10-22-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

that stinks!! try not to let it get you down tho. I know how it is when you finally gets ome forward momentum in life there is always something it seems. its a line i use often "theres always something" or "i cant win!" but despite that i just keep moving forward anyhow. why? cause theres always gonna be something just always its crap too but it is what it is.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm really sorry YoungHyde - you've had a bad run of luck.

I've got to admit tho I no longer wear headphones because they're just too many other folks bopping away to music, texting or otherwise not paying attention these days.

D
Yes, I kept replaying what happened in my mind over and over again. Atleast alcohol wasn't involved in this happening on my part. I'm also taking this time resting to think about my life. Also i'm sober a month today.

I was thinking about all the friends I had who I used to go out and drink with. I texted an old friend and a former crush about my accident, and they didn't even respond or seem to care. Just goes to show that alot of friendships seem to rely on alcohol and drug use but when you take those away those people vanish.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, YoungHyde!

What has the boss at your new job said?

Because you were doing well there, it is possible that you will be able to go back there as soon as you recover.

Even though you may be physically incapacitated, don't stay idle. Use this time to shore up your recovery. Listen to messages, read the literature, read and keep posting here.

Make the most of your down time.

Be cooperative and good-natured with your mom. It will do you a world of good to have her on your side in the trenches rooting for your success.

You'll probably advance a lot during this time.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just posted at the same time as you, YoungHyde!

Sounds like your mind is already well-engaged toward growth.

Have a fruitful day!
Old 10-22-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'm so sorry, YoungHyde!

What has the boss at your new job said?

Because you were doing well there, it is possible that you will be able to go back there as soon as you recover.

Even though you may be physically incapacitated, don't stay idle. Use this time to shore up your recovery. Listen to messages, read the literature, read and keep posting here.

Make the most of your down time.

Be cooperative and good-natured with your mom. It will do you a world of good to have her on your side in the trenches rooting for your success.

You'll probably advance a lot during this time.
Well I spoke to the guy who hired me and he asked me to speak with the boss when I got better. Best Case Scenario I can either go back when I get better or get a job when they start hiring again. I'm also keeping track of everyone who calls me back from other places. Hopefully they will remember calling me for an interview so they'll be more likely to give me one when I get better.

I also walked today! Without crutches a few minutes ago. My doctors didn't say I had to keep weight off of it, and it may be due to the painkillers, but I was able to walk and support my weight, on my bad leg, barely. But I hope that's a good sign. I've been reading stories about recovery time and some people take 3 months to recover, I hope my time is faster.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds very promising! Your attitude is fantastic!
Old 10-22-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh younghyde, I don't think there is anything I could say to make you feel better. This is so unfair. I hope that you heal quickly. I'm proud of you for coming back on here and posting instead of drinking. Just keep moving forward, in time things will get better.